Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Guidelines - White Paper for content creation?

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
17/12/2016 09:22:32

LPR001
LPR001
Hi there
I am an animator and 3D asset developer and I am wondering if there is a white paper regarding content creation for this software. Thanks
17/12/2016 16:57:53

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Welcome to the forum, LPR001!

I'm not aware of an official white paper, but there is a lot of anecdotal information in the wiki.
https://www.muvizu.com/Wiki

file formats ASE, & FBX can be used for character attachments and standalone inanimate props
OBJ files can be imported for props (but not for character attachments)
the only exports possible are in a proprietary Muvizu format that lets users save favorites for reuse
FBX files cannot contain anything but the mesh and materials. No rigging.

Muvizu will not release any information on how to create new animated characters, so users modify the existing characters with modelled attachments

Muvizu is built around the Unreal 3 game engine, so low poly is the way to go. The kind if ultra-real models asset creators make for iClone, Daz and Poser would not be a good fit here, mostly because the average user has a computer that would take forever to load such content.

Content placed in the store for sale must be totally original. Derivative works using models from other online model repositories such as Sketchup's 3d warehouse aren't allowed, and could get you kicked off the forum.

Derivative works based on attribution licenses can be put in the store for free, if the original creator is attributed, and the original site does not prohibit putting their models in other online repositories.

All of that is my understanding, which is unofficial and possibly incorrect. If you want an official white paper you'd have to request it from support: https://www.muvizu.com/Support
17/12/2016 23:08:34

LPR001
LPR001
Thanks PatMarrNC. I currently build for iClone, Daz and Poser with various other platforms thrown in for good measure. Pretty much in that order too. While I waited for the reply I discovered the wiki and was drawing the same conclusion you have outlined. The biggest blow being the fbx import restrictions with no rigging because if that was opened up there could be a great library of characters, assets and props from members submitting. I kind of like the low poly look it has and my original intended use is to create animations to drop MP4's into the screens of custom iClone TV, cinema screen props etc for a project so all is not lost. Just thought I would ask. Thanks for your reply.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Guidelines - White Paper for content creation?