Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? General Discussion ? What sets would you like to see?

the topic is closed
30/09/2010 16:38:34

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
thought this might be a handy thread to kick off

What sets would you like to see included in muvizu or created by a third party?

Cheers

D
30/09/2010 18:01:40

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
Hi Dreeko, the set I would like to see would be a good frankenstein lab, Or a mad scientist lab,
With all the props, eg, test tubes, chemistry set stuff, complete with electric chair "zzzzzzzz"
I think muvizu'ers just love all things fantasy to go with their cartoon characters so I think we
Should have lots of topsy turvey style, willy wonka style sets.
Come on muvizu, let's change the animation world forever, and get your wonderful sets and content
Out there, and that means the muvizu community too..
Nice thread, dreeko
30/09/2010 21:36:47

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Good call Artpen
I too would love to see a mad scientiests lab
Also I think few more buildings/windows/doors to make different city scenes
thanks
Toonarama
30/09/2010 21:43:34

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Like toonarama said, buildings. Need more variety of normal city-style buildings - pubs, clubs, banks, shops, etc. Mundane stuff really, but great to add to the realism of a scene. What I'd really like to see though is windows - proper, see-through numbers so you can see what's inside. I've just had to construct a takeaway restuarant by making it out of big bricks to fake a window. It's taken a looooong time to do!
30/09/2010 22:40:07

artpen
Yeah, more buildings, small type of buildings like little cottages and stuff.
And yes ziggy, we do need see through glass panes..Thumbs Up
01/10/2010 13:30:59

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
artpen wrote:
Hi Dreeko, the set I would like to see would be a good frankenstein lab, Or a mad scientist lab,
With all the props, eg, test tubes, chemistry set stuff, complete with electric chair "zzzzzzzz"

That's not a bad idea at all! I wanted to do a 'crazy scientist' type video, so I may well share the set with ya.

I also have a hospital set that I made, I still haven't made a video with it yet tho. If you have any ideas for what to do with it, you can have it
01/10/2010 13:40:42

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
ziggy72 wrote:
What I'd really like to see though is windows - proper, see-through numbers so you can see what's inside. I've just had to construct a takeaway restuarant by making it out of big bricks to fake a window. It's taken a looooong time to do!

Ziggy - maybe it's a but late now, but it might be worth while for you to watch this video:

If you're a photoshop user, you can use the attached backdrop with a window file (made for our xmas video)

http://upload.yomego.com/files.php?file=1cb3df1be18c9391a977f6e7ac126ac793ff8df6
Just click on the layer effect > pattern overlay and change it to something that would suit you, and save it as a .png with transparency, e.g:

http://upload.yomego.com/files.php?file=e177820a580a6c7a99bc99fdd83e190636b869fc

Let me know if that works for you.

Save yourself from RSI!

Cheers, Em.
01/10/2010 13:52:42

artpen
The hospital we could use , if not, we could stick some skeletons in, bodys
And make it a torture chamber Fork Off
01/10/2010 14:34:10

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
No skeletons, just a simple hospital room. It was opened in a development / testing build so you may need to tweak a few things.

http://upload.yomego.com/files.php?file=9cde7c66af35444cdf45d9a67dae15c5e1b6a626

Knock yourself out!
01/10/2010 16:40:39

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Emily wrote:
No skeletons, just a simple hospital room. It was opened in a development / testing build so you may need to tweak a few things.

http://upload.yomego.com/files.php?file=9cde7c66af35444cdf45d9a67dae15c5e1b6a626

Knock yourself out!

Nice one Emily!
Applause
01/10/2010 20:21:36

ziggy72
@ Emily - Thanks for the reply - I have been using png files to get transparencies for other bits, but I hadn't considered builing a fake wall...I'll keep it in mind for the future!
Now, hate to be picky, but there's no reflections in the windows, they are just void spaces - what I'd really like is a glass object with an opacity setting, like the glasses you get for the characters, so that you can 'see' the glass, if you get what I mean. A future build perhaps?

Oh, and thanks for the hospital set - very nice, and has just given me an idea for a future animation...Doctor Benway will live again!
(if you're not into William Burroughs, that will mean nothing to ya - sorry!) Big Grin
06/10/2010 21:12:22

ziggy72
Just had a thought - medieval sets. I'm talking drawbridge, portcullis, stone walls and steps, wall torches, gothic windows and arches, agricultural stuff - you know, they whole renaissance bit. Of course, you would also need the costumes to go with it, and armour...especially armour - and if you've got armour, then a lance and a horse would seem necessary...
the topic is closed

Home ? General Discussion ? What sets would you like to see?