Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Mirror mirror on the wall who's the fairest ...

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
24/01/2017 11:28:15

Anticip
Anticip
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a way to create mirrors. Like lots of mirrors. Is it doable in Muvizu ? I've tried the mirror panel but it just stays dark, I mean my character can't see it self in the mirror which is a bit sad for a mirror.

Is there any way to import some mirroring texture from Sketch Up ?

Any tips appreciated,

Best,

Arnaud
24/01/2017 13:37:13

RodrisilvaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Rodrisilva
Anticip wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a way to create mirrors. Like lots of mirrors. Is it doable in Muvizu ? I've tried the mirror panel but it just stays dark, I mean my character can't see it self in the mirror which is a bit sad for a mirror.

Is there any way to import some mirroring texture from Sketch Up ?

Any tips appreciated,

Best,

Arnaud

You have to use a second camera facing any character and assign mirror texture to that camera.
24/01/2017 13:58:25

Anticip
Anticip
Hey thanks for that piece of info, but say I use the 'mirror-wall' item I can't find any way to assign the camera to the texture wall. I can change the color of the miror, its reflection but not assign it a camera like I could do for a regular background wall.

Thanks !
24/01/2017 16:10:43

Rodrisilva
Anticip wrote:
Hey thanks for that piece of info, but say I use the 'mirror-wall' item I can't find any way to assign the camera to the texture wall. I can change the color of the miror, its reflection but not assign it a camera like I could do for a regular background wall.

Thanks !

If muvizu mirror models doesn't allow textures you have two solutions.

1- Use a backdrop over a mirror, resizing it and choose camera view on it.
2- Import an external mirror model that allows textures.

I haven't my desktop available now but if you need I can help you later.
24/01/2017 17:54:08

primaveranz
primaveranz
Rodrisilva wrote:

You have to use a second camera facing any character and assign mirror texture to that camera.

I haven't tried this, but wouldn't the resulting video need to be be horizontally flipped?
24/01/2017 19:54:08

Rodrisilva
primaveranz wrote:
Rodrisilva wrote:

I haven't tried this, but wouldn't the resulting video need to be be horizontally flipped?

You only need to rotate the backdrop (case you are using a backdrop) or go to camera settings>colour> horizontal flip.
25/01/2017 04:55:16

primaveranz
primaveranz
Rodrisilva wrote:

You only need to rotate the backdrop (case you are using a backdrop) or go to camera settings>colour> horizontal flip.

Coolio
26/01/2017 15:15:12

Anticip
Anticip
Here is my question :

This is supposed to be a mirror, right ? Like the 3 others kind of wall but do we all agree that there is no actual way to have a character reflects itself in it by facing said mirror ? Or is there an easy way to make it work and I am running around like a dog chasing its own tail ?

Kinda driving me mad atm

Thanks guys

edited by Anticip on 26/01/2017
26/01/2017 17:57:13

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Anticip wrote:
Here is my question :

This is supposed to be a mirror, right ? Like the 3 others kind of wall but do we all agree that there is no actual way to have a character reflects itself in it by facing said mirror ? Or is there an easy way to make it work and I am running around like a dog chasing its own tail ?

I just looked at the mirror wall, and as far as I can tell, whatever magic used to make it reflective no longer works.

But this works:

1) create a backdrop and size it as needed for your mirror or wall
2) place a camera inside it, with just the lens poking out (pointing outward toward the room)
3) put a character in front of the mirror/camera as a test
3) BACKDROP > EDIT > PROPERTIES > IMAGE > (Cameras) > pick the image of the character
4) CAMERA > EDIT > COLOUR > HORIZONTAL FLIP

now the backdrop functions as a mirror
26/01/2017 18:45:58

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
PatMarrNC wrote:
I just looked at the mirror wall, and as far as I can tell, whatever magic used to make it reflective no longer works.

I don't ever remember it working - I think it was meant as a background prop or something.

One of the default sets has a mirror in it using the camera on backdrop effect.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Mirror mirror on the wall who's the fairest ...