Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? General Discussion ? Digimania has gone into administration

pages: 1 2 3 4 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
21/04/2017 10:08:19

lillilulli
lillilulli
Oh my Go guys,
you are being so kind with me!
If only I could get a third of attention that you are gicing me from the muvizu team, it would have been the best customer suport ever...
instead I have been warned to no to post anything anymore on this chat, can you immagine?
In other words, I have been asked to shut up.
Here is the message from this MrDrWho13 (I donno who this guy is, whether a memeber of the team or a simple user):

QUOTE: "...The future of Muvizu is unclear at the moment, so I urge you to stop whining in the community forum about your case. We can't help. I hope PayPal can give you a refund (they tend to be good about those things)
Doc"

Ah, thanks to the guy who is trying to make being contacted by phone...it's very kind of you, dear friend, but at the moment I am in India, so I don't think they will call me. Anyway thanks for trying helping me!
I appreciated a lot!
21/04/2017 10:41:00

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
@lillilulli I would like to apologise for the aggressive tone of that message. That certainly wasn't what I was going for. I wasn't asking you to "shut up", although I don't think spamming the chat every day with the exact same information could do much to help.
The issue you are having on your computer doesn't seem to be something anyone in the community can fix. The support team are gone for now (see my next message). However, I would like to repeat the troubleshooting steps I have sent you over the last few days because I haven't heard the result yet.

edited by MrDrWho13 on 21/04/2017
21/04/2017 10:44:22

MrDrWho13
I've left it several days to see if there would be any form of official announcement, but nothing has turned up as of yet. There seems to be some conflicting information in this thread and I'd rather make sure the rumours were based on reality rather than pulled out of the air.

So here's my unofficial announcement:
Digimania, the company behind Muvizu, went into administration a few days ago. It was only a matter of time before this would happen - Muvizu seems to have been coasting for a number of years now. This is not the definitive end of Muvizu, but the future is less clear than before.
Myself and a few other users have tested out if Muvizu will still work should these servers go down, and it would appear that once activated, Muvizu will continue to work offline at any point (although the licence is tied to you MAC address so you can't move it to another PC). However, it is still possible that whoever is currently in control will execute some sort of kill command on the licences. (I very much doubt this)

So feel free to continue using Muvizu. If you have been having trouble with the latest version, you may want to try the previous version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-_4UVPr59ACXzJVWVNJNzhESk0
While the store remains online, you should still be able to buy licences. However, if you activate your licence too many times, you won't be able to contact support after getting error W2.

In my opinion, the best case scenario would be another company taking over responsibility for Muvizu, or the entire project going open-source. I have had no hints from anyone involved of which is most likely so it appears to all be up in the air at the moment.

If this truely is the end, then I would like to thank everyone involved with Muvizu. All the staff and forum members have been helpful and friendly throughout the years and I wish you all the best.
21/04/2017 11:07:22

Brucik
Brucik
Wow that's really sad news indeed. So who does one contact to buy the software? I know a couple of Russian companies that could do a great job with it.
21/04/2017 19:21:38

Ammostro
Ammostro
If it's really the end, is there another software that is about the same as muvizu. For the same price, not a couple of hundred.
If not, we stay at Muvizu of course.
21/04/2017 20:00:23

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
I would keep using muvizu until we get a final word, we haven't really got any official word from digimania yet so lets keep going as we always have and see what happens, but if something better comes along then I would say go for it!
edited by clayster2012 on 21/04/2017
21/04/2017 20:36:41

Ammostro
Ammostro
I knew there was something wrong. Posted last week some set's ans movies, and they aren't approved. Not normal.

Hoping at good news.
21/04/2017 22:23:25

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Ammostro wrote:
If it's really the end, is there another software that is about the same as muvizu. For the same price, not a couple of hundred.
If not, we stay at Muvizu of course.

as long as the program still works and it meets your needs.. why change at all?
21/04/2017 22:43:39

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Yeah, it's true.

I had been asked to hold off on confirming that Digimania has indeed gone into administration until today's working day was over. So in the absence of an official statement, this is as close as it gets -

So what happens now?

Can Muvizu still be purchased?
If so can it be activated?
How long will it work for?
What happens to the payments that uploaders are due from store purchases?
etc., etc.

No one knows yet. Time will tell

My advice is BUY NOTHING! Without an official statement about the present situation nothing is guaranteed to work in my opinion.

But lets stop thinking about Muvizu's demise for a minute and how we personally are affected by the possibility of our favourite toy breaking on us but instead lets take another look at the image above and realise that there are people with families and responsibilities who have lost their jobs this week. Lets show a bit more sympathy to them. None of this is their fault

D
21/04/2017 23:17:37

RodrisilvaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Rodrisilva
Dreeko wrote:
Yeah, it's true.

But lets stop thinking about Muvizu's demise for a minute and how we personally are affected by the possibility of our favourite toy breaking on us but instead lets take another look at the image above and realise that there are people with families and responsibilities who have lost their jobs this week. Lets show a bit more sympathy to them. None of this is their fault

D

I agree with you
There are people suffering right now.
For me, it is not a question of selfishness . I understand that the situation is tragic enough to not play with it.
I wish none of this had happened. We would all be happy.
The curious thing about it, whatever they say, there is no substitute for Muvizu. With all his imperfections, he is perfect.
Characters have life and substance.
Do not talk to me about alternatives like Iclone and their artificial humanoids empty of expression and where I could not find the passion that Muvizu has in itself.
Muvizu is unique and is about to die ...

It is sad.. not only for being at the threshold of Muvizu loss but above all for losing the companions of this forum.
edited by Rodrisilva on 21/04/2017
21/04/2017 23:56:57

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
thanks for the update Dreeko.
22/04/2017 00:57:36

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Rodrisilva wrote:
Dreeko wrote:
Yeah, it's true.

D

I agree with you
There are people suffering right now.
For me, it is not a question of selfishness . I understand that the situation is tragic enough to not play with it.
I wish none of this had happened. We would all be happy.
The curious thing about it, whatever they say, there is no substitute for Muvizu. With all his imperfections, he is perfect.
Characters have life and substance.
Do not talk to me about alternatives like Iclone and their artificial humanoids empty of expression and where I could not find the passion that Muvizu has in itself.
Muvizu is unique and is about to die ...

It is sad.. not only for being at the threshold of Muvizu loss but above all for losing the companions of this forum.
edited by Rodrisilva on 21/04/2017

I agree Rodrisilva, my feelings exactly!
22/04/2017 02:51:50

richinri
richinri
I just got Muvizu very recently and, having worked with several other programs, could easily see how unique it is, even with all it's warts and workarounds. I am VERY disappointed and hope some good comes out of this. I was looking forward to working with it and, given the rapid pace of technology, I am hesitant to work with programs that suddenly stop working because the technology moved past the program's last version. Either way, I am waiting to see how it all pans out.
22/04/2017 07:45:26

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
It's very sad for the employees of digimania and muvizu. You guys made a program for $30,- that stood way above all the expensive other animation progs out there. I've searched for muvizu alternatives and there simply aren't any that can put together an animation that easy and fast!

Thank you very much for all the work you did, guys. May you find another job soon where you can use all your skills.

If this website go's down... I'm very proud to have been a part of this great community and I've been here almost daily. It's been very nice to have "known" you all.

I hope we will find another place to show our creations to eachother.

Good luck to all!!

-Ikes-
22/04/2017 08:18:04

Ammostro
Ammostro
lillilulli wrote:
No, dude, what extended holidays?!
They are gone!
There is no reply at all!
they have not even reply to Paypal!
Why wasting our time here!
better to get out of this mess up and make a new life with another software. There are plenty out there:
iClone
Cinema 4D
Go!Animate
Source Filmmaker
Maya/3D Max
Moviestorm
Blender
ToonBoom
Modo
Powtoon
Toonvidio
crazytalk

First and foremost, I hope that muvizu can continue to exist. I'm sure that if the company is taken over, people with that knowledge can definitely get back to work. I hope so for them. If not, this people can find other work, undoubtedly.

secundo: I have looked at the list that's published here.

There is no program as Muvizu. The only one I would buy is moviestorm. But thats no comic - cartoon. And expensive.
22/04/2017 09:40:05

klevinbeer81
klevinbeer81
Hi guys very sorry to hear this news, i feel for all involved.

In regards to users, perhaps we could set up a facebook group to stay in contact just in case the site goes down? i have many questions still in regards to how the program works and i count on the forum for advice. Would anyone be interested in a facebook group maybe?

In regards to the program still working, the program still works when we are not connected to the internet i believe so the only way we would would not be able to use it is if some kind of killswitch was sent out (i doubt this would happen though, or am i wrong?).

Just a thought but if we disconnect the program from getting updates (were not going to get any now anyway) and connecting itself to the internet would this stop any kind of kill command?
22/04/2017 12:21:47

Ammostro
Ammostro
A facebookgroup where we can post our clips, sets, idea's,.. . Maybe a good idea. So we can stay in touch.

I also hope that if the plug is pulled out, the program will continue to work.
22/04/2017 13:30:14

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Ammostro wrote:
A facebookgroup where we can post our clips, sets, idea's,.. . Maybe a good idea. So we can stay in touch.

There is already a FB page dedicated to Muvizu... ZUCHAT
https://www.facebook.com/groups/zuchat/

Unfortunately, FB doesn't offer a way to trade sets. I think a yahoo group would be a good idea, since they have an area for file storage

I also hope that if the plug is pulled out, the program will continue to work.

I hesitate to make any claims because so much is still not known... but a number of people have tested to see what would happen if the server goes down, and we feel pretty sure that Muvizu will continue to work as long as you run it on the computer where it was originally licensed.

The problem is that if/when your computer fails, you won't be able to reinstall on another computer. So if your computer is fairly new, you probably have a long time left to use Muvizu. Hopefully in that period of time, new options may arise. Put my name on the list of people who hopes that the administrators allow it to go open source, or that a buyer emerges.

-----------------------------
edited by PatMarrNC on 22/04/2017
22/04/2017 13:34:41

MrDrWho13
Pat did you just talk about Yahoo in 2017?
Facebook does allow you to upload files to your posts, so sharing sets and objects should be fine.

However, the facebook group doesn't have any method of sorting posts, so is not an exact replacement for the forum.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 22/04/2017
22/04/2017 14:46:00

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Theres a lot of free forums out there,maybe that would be a good option!
pages: 1 2 3 4 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? General Discussion ? Digimania has gone into administration