Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? Spaceman

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
13/05/2017 18:38:47

Roborough
Roborough

In Administration

oh boy

Hope the community keep going, what happens to the source code?
13/05/2017 19:53:30

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
they're looking for a buyer, and if they find one, I guess that's who will get the source code.
Regarding the community, here's a link to a new off-site community set up by one of the users. Many of us have already joined in case this site goes down again.

http://www.anizu.co.uk/forum/index.php
14/05/2017 17:18:37

theotherguy
theotherguy
It's hard to say if it would be worth it for someone to buy Muvizu, or to start from scratch. It's all to do with the Unreal Game Engine. Muvizu is a simplified editor for the Unreal game engine, however the Unreal engine has moved on, it's at version 4+ while Muvizu is built on a much earlier version.

As I've ventured before, Muvizu is a cake that is baked. They have added some features, keyframing and 360degree for instance, that are already part of the Unreal engine, but they haven't added any character actions or anything similar because Muvizu is complete.

No doubt someone will create another editor around a newer version of the Unreal engine, it will have vastly greater capabilities, and I predict it will cost WAY MORE than $30!

I will continue using Muvizu, it's taught me more about 3-D environments, setting scenes, camera placement, than anything else. For that it is awesome. On the other hand it's frustratingly clunky and inexact. I've spent countless hours figuring out work-arounds, on my own, and on this forum.

If I were to sum it all up I'd say that it's half tool, half toy. Regardless, I hope it continues in some form.
14/05/2017 21:22:17

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
Someone left the the cake out in the rain.
15/05/2017 02:41:33

theotherguy
theotherguy
. . .And it took so long to bake it, but they'll always have the recipe oh oh.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Your Videos ? Spaceman