Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Choral Movement

the topic is closed
04/11/2010 00:24:02

muggopaul
muggopaul
Hi Muvizu team

I love Muvizu - so do my children! I discovered it after seeing it featured on BBC's Click.
I'm a parent and also a Drama and ICT teacher and would love to know how best to encourage my students to safely view videos.

What's the chance of having Muvizu's films on the website given a thumbs up symbol if Muvizu or one of the people who've seen or submitted a movie think it suitable for children / classroom viewing? Would be good to know if things have swearing etc.

Could we create object animations - moving them around in a pass as you would a character?

Could you create a tool to enable users to duplicate character animations to multiple characters - e.g. for group choreography? Would love to either select multiple characters to animate at once or have an 'all move' button similar to the all shush...
Would we also be able to copy sections of character animation from one character's timeline to another character - e.g. to create a canon effect like a mexican wave.

Could we have some stock & gestures for Victorian melodrama - e.g. hand on heart, hand to brow, Kneeling down pleading etc. Would love to have a twirly villain moustache and some dresses for the damsels in distress!

Could we have some acrobatic & slapstick moves - e.g. jumping and clutching the backside as a fight move for getting your bottom kicked or doing a dive forward roll when pushed?

Would love to see a 'double-take' movement and a 'phew' / relief expression.

I'd like my school to download the software for whole school use and perhaps set up a club or activity week using Muvizu. Could a Muvizu Schools project be possible.

Many thanks - and keep up the amazing work!

Paul
04/11/2010 08:12:25

pyrrho
pyrrho
muggopaul wrote:
Hi Muvizu team

I love Muvizu - so do my children! I discovered it after seeing it featured on BBC's Click.
I'm a parent and also a Drama and ICT teacher and would love to know how best to encourage my students to safely view videos.

What's the chance of having Muvizu's films on the website given a thumbs up symbol if Muvizu or one of the people who've seen or submitted a movie think it suitable for children / classroom viewing? Would be good to know if things have swearing etc.

Could we create object animations - moving them around in a pass as you would a character?

A content warning is something that we've been discussing for some time now, mainly because of the educational interest in Muvizu. We have yet to find a suitable system to implement but, given that parents, guardians, teachers and the like will have differing views on what is acceptable viewing and what is not, there is already a way to achieve this.

All of our content exists on YouTube, it is merely called in to our site after publication. Every user has a YouTube account to which they submit their videos. So, if your school or group set up a YouTube account and linked it to your Muvizu account - which, in the case of young children should be a gatekeeper account - you could post your videos there and use that as a safe viewing channel.

To view Muvizu-generated content not posted by your group, which presumably you would have to vet to ensure that each clip met your criteria for suitability, you would merely need to specify your chosen clips as favourites and they could also be watched via your YouTube channel. It would be impossible for us to maintain a system of ratings/censorship that satisfied a huge range of what was deemed acceptable or unacceptable depending on the person responsible for children in their charge.

(There is also the age-old problem that flagging something up as unsuitable can act as an incentive for those deemed too young to seek it out.)

This is an interesting topic and I'd like to see it discussed in a thread all of its own.

With respect to object animations, I am happy to say that this and other features are being introduced in our next release due on November 9.

For gestures and other specific animations, we are increasing the range steadily but, as I am sure that you realise, it will be impossible to produce the infinite number required to satisfy everyone. Mind you, we're working on it. Our approach to date has been to concentrate on widening the range of those most useful to the most number of people, and, given our overall style, these have been informed by the more common animations seen in cartoons for many years.

You could always lobby the art team or, better still, find a commercial backer willing to sponsor the creation of a specific gesture/animation range.

Your point about a Muvizu schools project is also interesting and was one that came up in a marketing meeting yesterday. Yes, this is something about which we are also enthusiastic. In the meantime, though, you may work with other schools by linking your gatekeeper accounts to theirs. This allows the creation of safe, supervised collaborative projects.

Thanks for a very useful post. If you'd like to talk directly, write to contact@muvizu.com via your email address and mark it for my attention. I shall then email you directly.

Best regards,

vince
04/11/2010 11:35:49

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
muggopaul wrote:

Could you create a tool to enable users to duplicate character animations to multiple characters - e.g. for group choreography? Would love to either select multiple characters to animate at once or have an 'all move' button similar to the all shush...
Would we also be able to copy sections of character animation from one character's timeline to another character - e.g. to create a canon effect like a mexican wave.

Hello Paul,

Grouped movement is something that the Dev's are looking at - it's not going to be in the next release, but it is something that we want to add.

Take care,
-Jim.
04/11/2010 12:16:31

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
I have created a thread for discussing content filters - I have grabbed Vince and Paul's quotes from this thread and put them in it, since they seemed like a good starting point.

The thread can be found at:

http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/topic691-parental-controlsexplicit-content-filters.aspx
04/11/2010 14:48:11

muggopaul
muggopaul
Hi Jim
Many thanks for your reply on this. To be honest, I could spend a thousand hours happily playing with the tools you've already provided. I would love to have more dance moves though. I think getting the make your own music video or dance choreography to any chosen soundtrack would be of huge appeal to many of my students.

Cheers - Paul
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Choral Movement