Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Animated facemask

the topic is closed
28/11/2010 17:46:39

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
I believe that the facemask option in the character creation mode is a feature which could be turned into a major attraction to Muvizu

A number of people that I have told about muvizu
Have said that it would be good if they could put photos of friends, family etc onto the characters. I have replied that yes! This can be done. They then ask "Oh great! And will they be able to move the eyes and have the mouth talking with the audio like the other characters in Muvizu?" I then look at my shoes and mumble "eh.. No"
So could the facemask be changed to be 1: A full headmask so we don't see the other character head underneath. 2: Can we have the ability to change/animate the textures over time in the same way that we can change the animate object textures in the directing mode that way we could load in a number of different expressions to be selected over time 3: Could the facemask be altered to include a moving jaw (I'm thinking ventriloquist dummy/jibjab style mouth here) which would move in relation to the spoken audio and possibly blinking eyes.

Thoughts?

Here's something I put together to try and show the facemask feature off.
All comments welcome.

Cheers

D

PS: where's my dragon! ... Lol!
28/11/2010 18:50:54

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
Good subject, I've watched the video, and it's effective.

I love this face mask idea, and I've tried it, but, that is all it is, a mask.
I think your idea for a complete all around mask to hide the seams is cock on.

I think the jib-jab jaw could work great, and would be a laugh.
The other way you could do it would be to use Crazy talk, then upload the animated face movie onto a blank puppet
face, just like the way we import videos onto our muvizu Tv sets?

For the eyes, you could have the option of cut-outs for the eyes on the mask, or
Plant our muvizu Default eyes straight onto your mask, and animate them as normal.

Cheers, artpen
28/11/2010 19:49:32

jonbezMuvizu mogulExperimental user
jonbez
Faces Look real freaky in your video But in a good way. It give it a cool style look. Nice vid m8.

Only time I've used face mask was for my ninja video it sorta work because there mouth was covered so I got away with the lip sync. but would be cool to have more feature control for the mask.
28/11/2010 20:38:28

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Yip freaky and geeky that's me!
The whole face mask thing if fleshed out properly could draw a lot of users to muvizu.
There are many ways that it could be altered I think an internal crazy talk thing would be great but that is probably a massive undertaking for the muvizu team but an animated texture swapping option which would include avi files also remember would be a good place to start..
28/11/2010 21:07:13

artpen
I have an old program, I don't know if anybody has heard of it called - Head Wizard -
As I said, it's old, before Crazy talk, anyway, it just totally concentrates on your Head.
You give it a front shot of you face, then a side shot, then it maps out a cg version of your face.
It's very realistic, and freaky.

When you have your Head, you can do what you want with your cg cannister! , make it talk, wink, eyeball control,
The lot!!!

What I'm trying to get at is, because Head Wizard is old code, could this code not be used for our puppets heads?
28/11/2010 22:11:36

RightURKen
RightURKen
artpen wrote:
...What I'm trying to get at is, because Head Wizard is old code, could this code not be used for our puppets heads?

If you are trying to say it's not used anymore and hope it's in the public domain that's not the case. It still exists and is being used and upgraded. It's now called "Digimask"-
http://www.digimask.com/
edited by RightURKen on 28/11/2010
28/11/2010 23:10:04

artpen
Digimask, that's the name, like I said, I bought this a long time ago in GAME for a fiver!
Can't believe it's still going, anyway, even so, could muvizu base this method to our puppets heads?
10/03/2011 00:31:47

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
Dreeko wrote:
....3: Could the facemask be altered to include a moving jaw (I'm thinking ventriloquist dummy/jibjab style mouth here) which would move in relation to the spoken audio and possibly blinking eyes.

Thoughts?

I know this is an old thread, but, I was trying to create a mask with the mouth and jaw area transparent. So far, it's a no-go. I think that if transparencies were allowed, it would be a decent workaround to make moving mouths available just by using Muvizu's built-in features.
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Animated facemask