Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Backdrops, textures and scaling

the topic is closed
27/03/2011 15:31:58

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Imagine a simple set
4 Walls (backdrops). 2 long(scaled) and 2 short
Add the same texture to all(patterned wallpaper)

Now what you have is a room with 2 Walls with a perfectly nice wallpaper and the other 2 walls with the same wallpaper but stretched instead of...Tiled!
Now, if we had the option to scale and tile textures on back drops then we could have the 4 walls I have just mentioned all with the same wallpaper at the same size and ratio.
We could take a texture of a section of a fence place it on a backdrop and expand the horizontal scale of the backdrop and voila! A big long fence with lots of sections!
Or take a back drop with a wall and 2 windows, expand vertically and tada! A block of flats!
Lots and lots of applications for this I feel.

Scaling and tiling textures on backdrops.
Another one for the list of things to do.. Take your time...Tuesday will be fine

Cheers
D
28/03/2011 12:49:17

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Dreeko wrote:
Imagine a simple set
4 Walls (backdrops). 2 long(scaled) and 2 short
Add the same texture to all(patterned wallpaper)

Now what you have is a room with 2 Walls with a perfectly nice wallpaper and the other 2 walls with the same wallpaper but stretched instead of...Tiled!
Now, if we had the option to scale and tile textures on back drops then we could have the 4 walls I have just mentioned all with the same wallpaper at the same size and ratio.
We could take a texture of a section of a fence place it on a backdrop and expand the horizontal scale of the backdrop and voila! A big long fence with lots of sections!
Or take a back drop with a wall and 2 windows, expand vertically and tada! A block of flats!
Lots and lots of applications for this I feel.

Scaling and tiling textures on backdrops.
Another one for the list of things to do.. Take your time...Tuesday will be fine

Cheers
D

Any thoughts on this?

I was joking about Tuesday you know!

...Thursday's better for me anyway
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Backdrops, textures and scaling