Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? More Resolutions

the topic is closed
04/04/2011 20:52:31

raptormarlins
raptormarlins
You guys need to add new resolutions to Muvizu. Make it go all the way to 800x600 please.
05/04/2011 10:10:15

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Hi raptormarlins,

I'm a bit confused by what you're asking.

Are you wanting to run Muvizu in 800x600 resolution or are you wanting to output Muvizu videos at 800x600 resolution?

Both are possible, just not obvious.

To run Muvizu at 800x600 resolution you can right click on your desktop and do Properties (or for windows 7 right click on your desktop and select Screen Resolution) from here you should be able to set your desktop resolution to 800x600 and by maximising Muvizu have it run at that resolution.

If you want to have your finished videos in 800x600 resolution you can use a program called Virtual Dub (www.virtualdub.org) and by opening the Muvizu video and going to the Filter option from the video menu add a resize filter that will let you re-save the video in the new resolution.

I hope this helps, but I'm curious why you need to have 800x600 resolution? If you run the application at such a low resolution it will be more difficult to use as the timeline, dialog boxes and everything will take up more space on screen. Equally rendering video at 800x600 is pretty unusual and not a standard format, so you may have problems playing it back or posting it to you tube.

Personally I'd recommend a higher resolution if its possible. 1920x1080 is a pretty good one for me to run Muvizu at - this is standard 1080 HD format, however the max Muvizu will output for rendered video is 1280x720 (720HD).
edited by Jamie on 05/04/2011

--
Direct, don't animate!
05/04/2011 13:37:43

raptormarlins
raptormarlins
Jamie wrote:
Hi raptormarlins,

I'm a bit confused by what you're asking.

Are you wanting to run Muvizu in 800x600 resolution or are you wanting to output Muvizu videos at 800x600 resolution?

Both are possible, just not obvious.

To run Muvizu at 800x600 resolution you can right click on your desktop and do Properties (or for windows 7 right click on your desktop and select Screen Resolution) from here you should be able to set your desktop resolution to 800x600 and by maximising Muvizu have it run at that resolution.

If you want to have your finished videos in 800x600 resolution you can use a program called Virtual Dub (www.virtualdub.org) and by opening the Muvizu video and going to the Filter option from the video menu add a resize filter that will let you re-save the video in the new resolution.

I hope this helps, but I'm curious why you need to have 800x600 resolution? If you run the application at such a low resolution it will be more difficult to use as the timeline, dialog boxes and everything will take up more space on screen. Equally rendering video at 800x600 is pretty unusual and not a standard format, so you may have problems playing it back or posting it to you tube.

Personally I'd recommend a higher resolution if its possible. 1920x1080 is a pretty good one for me to run Muvizu at - this is standard 1080 HD format, however the max Muvizu will output for rendered video is 1280x720 (720HD).

Id like the game to run at that resolution. My dumb desktop always wants to run games at these resolutions or the lag is horrible. But when its at the resolution then the game runs smoother.
05/04/2011 14:28:15

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
raptormarlins wrote:
Id like the game to run at that resolution. My dumb desktop always wants to run games at these resolutions or the lag is horrible. But when its at the resolution then the game runs smoother.

In the short term, changing your native desktop resolution to 800x600 will work. Once you've maxised the Muvizu window and un-maximised it then Muvizu will open at that resolution each time. It happened for me after trying it this morning. This will only change if you:

• Edit the resolution via the Prefs dialog
  • Uninstall / Re-install Muvizu
  • Do the same again but on a different resolution and close Muvizu
I'd suggest, though, you might want to upgrade your graphics card. Why struggle away at 800x600 when you could make life easier for yourself for not too many $$$.

--
Direct, don't animate!
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? More Resolutions