Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Feedback from New User

the topic is closed
12/08/2011 15:08:31

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
I don’t know if this is useful at all, but this is the step by step diary of a new user to Muvizu, from download to first film.
Day one, bought a new machine and finally got Muvizu installed. Got a warning that the video card of my new machine won’t run Muvizu. However after an initial crash everything is working fine. For information the new machine is a laptop with 4gig of RAM and an i3 processor running windows 7.

Day One got to grips with bits of Muvizu and making ‘dancing’ animations of the father in law after his ‘cool moves’ at a wedding. Finding my way around the big white space inside Muvizu is damned awkward, cannot get the point of view to look where I want it to.
Day Two started work on a major animation motion picture event...yeah well a quick animation to get something out there.
Day Two 9.30 have spent an enjoyable day ‘filming’ all the sequences for my film. Experimented with playing with camera angles and moving the camera, special effects...just got to ‘cobble’ the lot together in Premiere Elements...will have a masterpiece this time tomorrow.
Day Three 4.30 am disaster has struck...all of the sequences are full of artefacts and not very good at all. Have spent the night reading up on codecs and have installed the latest full copy of the codecs recommended. Xvid is not very good results but have tried the ffdshow codec and hey presto things are looking smooth...I’m off to bed.
Day Three 3pm disaster... all the damned scenes I’d made will not open so I can re-render with the new codecs. One scene will open and have rerenderd and its looking good. Now playing with adding in the sound effects...this is harder than I thought...arggh why did I make characters walk...why is thing so addictive?
12/08/2011 15:49:47

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
Hi

Thanks for the feedback! ALWAYS welcome

could you tell us in more detail about the scenes not opening, are their any error messages etc?

or even better send a detailed description and attach the scene files to bugs@muvizu.com and we will do our best to help.

Thanks again

kev
12/08/2011 16:06:51

Luscan
Luscan
Hi Dylly,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Muvizu.

Would it be possible for you to send the .set files that aren't working at the moment to bugs@muvizu.com? That way we'd be able to go through them here at Muvizu HQ to see what it is exactly that's going wrong to help you fix it.

Also, just out of curiosity, could you attach a copy of your DXDiag.txt to the email too? To make a DXDiag.txt file click the start button and then click Run (or 'search' if you're on windows 7) and type in dxdiag.exe. Once it runs click 'save all information'. If you could attach the file that it creates as well as the set files it would be a huge help.

Thanks and I hope we'll be able to get this sorted out soon
12/08/2011 21:27:56

Dylly
Had another interesting afternoon adding sound effects...then I must be having codec problems as the project renders out but no sound on the finished file...will dive back in in a short while and see if I can ssort problem.

Have started making notes of anything else I run across and finally managed to make the file you asked for and I'm mailing it across shortly...but all in all I've not had this much fun since I got my first Aquarius Computer with a D&D Cartridge on the last day of term before Christmas early 80's. Can't put the software down!
13/08/2011 10:25:09

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
I had this problem Dylly...

I was using the Microsoft Codec, but pretty much no matter what I tried there was no sound.

To fix I downloaded virtualDub (it's free). Load up the AVI in there and save it. It'll be massive, but the sound now appears...
13/08/2011 21:47:07

Dylly
Thanks Berty!

Have downloaded VirtualDub and it works a treat! Talk about a learning curve today I made a microphone and have started creating my own sound effects...not stopped laughing untill I went to the cinema to see Planet of the Apes this afternoon...

Now back to my own epic...scene two with worms...I mean words!
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Feedback from New User