Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Align animations within a take

the topic is closed
03/11/2011 00:29:50

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
I've been fiddling around with the transparent AVI tutorial and hit a problem. Is there any way of synchronising the transparent AVI with the section of clip I'm trying to direct. I have a scene with two backdrops each with an animated movie. Each movie is the exact same number of frames at the same frame rate but they seem to be starting mid point through an animation cycle....or am I missing something here?
03/11/2011 19:48:06

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Hey Dylly, I've had some experience of this one. The movies will run in their own little world until you either ;

a) Go back to the very start of the timeline, then they will play from the start and then loop, or...

b) Start recording, at which point they will themselves reset back as if playing from the very start of the timeline. And then loop.

What I'm saying is - they only ever sync to the start of the timeline when you record, regardless of whatever you do (or think you've done) in any other modes or at any point on the timeline when you're not recording.

If that doesn't suit, you would have to animate each of the backdrop properties to trigger the vids to play at a later point. It's a bugger, is what I'm saying - Muvizu doesn't really give you too much control over how vids are played within the sets. It was for this very reason I resorted to split screen to be able to cue up a vid alongside a character - I don't know if this would work for yourself, but I think you may have to start improvising...
05/11/2011 10:45:25

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
Thanks Ziggy! I'm improvising for all I'm worth! I think I may have cracked it...although...doh! back to improvising!
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? Align animations within a take