Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Software conflict and error’s on import.

the topic is closed
06/03/2012 11:48:54

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
Error on Import

Over the last twelve hours I’ve developed a bit of a problem with regard to creating content for Muvizu.

I keep getting an error message on importing an .ase file, which states ‘ There was an error importing the object. The file is an unknown format.’

After a lot of trial and error I’ve worked out that the fault lies with the TARGA image that forms my texture. I’m creating the image in Gimp, but flatten it, merge it...whatever I try, the image won’t allow the model to import into Muvizu.

I’ve managed to get the model imported into Muvizu on two occasions. The first was using a TARGA image created by rendering in 3d Max. The second was by using a PNG image format instead of the TARGA I normally use.

Anyone got any ideas as to what is happening?

Software Conflict
Now this is only partially related but I imagine it may effect Muvizu users.
I’ve found a software conflict between Sketchup and Audacity. If Audacity is open in the background and you attempt a complex operation in Sketchup (Bool Tools or Sub-divide and Smooth) then Sketchup will crash.
06/03/2012 14:06:41

mcmillan-raExperimental userMuvizu staff
mcmillan-ra
Hi Dylly,

It's probably something to do with the settings in the image, generally they should be:

24 or 32 bits per pixel, uncompressed or run-length encoded, and usually sized in both x and y as 2 to the power of n. So, ...64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096 etc.
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? Software conflict and error’s on import.