Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? How to use the "don't breathe" option ?

the topic is closed
21/05/2012 10:54:22

WabbyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Wabby
Hello !

I'm using the new 0.20b version and when I try to select "don't breathe" in the body options of a character.

Nothing happens... the character still breathing.

(sorry for my bad english)
edited by Wabby on 21/05/2012
edited by Wabby on 21/05/2012
21/05/2012 11:19:00

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Hi Wabby,

The breathe option is a little misleading, I admit, it basically works when you put the character into a pose animation. This is because there are 2 types of breathing applied to characters. The first is a general, overall, breathe layer and the other is done within the animations played by characters. The drop down option to stop a character breathing affects the general breathing layer added to characters so to see the result you need to use animations that don't have additional breathing blending into them, such as the end of pose animations. There's some more info in this thread, from Gordon who made it possible.

http://muvizu.com/forum/topic1095-suggestions.aspx?p=f#post8548

Give it a go. Create 2 characters, one with breathing and one without. Record the same pose animation on each of them and then leave them in the pose for a few minutes on the timeline. When you play it back you'll see one does not breathe. It's a pretty subtle effect though.

--
Direct, don't animate!
21/05/2012 12:17:19

WabbyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Wabby
Thank you very much. It works very well.
the topic is closed

Home ? How Do I ...? ? How to use the "don't breathe" option ?