Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Closed topics topic!

the topic is closed
16/09/2012 15:02:29

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
I just waded through the forum to locate a thread that I created a while back (the "On the News" one) so I could post an update about why there hadn't been a follow up for long and weary. I found the thread but is has been closed, as have the majority of all my other video threads!
This is very annoying as there are some videos that I like to revisit from time to time with a view to creating a follow up and posting the new creation in the relevant thread, but you lot have nailed them all shut!

Explain yourselves!

Not happy
16/09/2012 15:30:40

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
It's pretty standard for forum threads to be closed when they've not been used for a while, and if you look at some of the larger ones that are still open here they diverge into all sorts of topics which make it impossible to try and track what is a new issue and what's an old issue. Or the opposite case happens - a thread has 2 or 3 posts and is never used for years and by the time someone posts again in it the original point is no longer an issue as there have been several updates to Muvizu in the interval period.

There is a different use for the threads about particular videos or series but then again most of them split into chat about problems and improvements to the application as well, or even into hints and tips.

It's not a perfect system but the opposite is more difficult to manage - every thread left open for ever and people re-using old threads for new issues.

We do ask for feedback on how we are managing the forums, http://www.muvizu.com/forum/topic1801-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes-to-the-muvizu-forums.aspx and http://www.muvizu.com/forum/topic461-forum-overhaul.aspx as examples, but we havn't really received that much. We did get a bit more feedback on the beta tester section when I asked about how that could be managed going forwards ( http://www.muvizu.com/forum/topic1792-beta-testing-forum-going-forward.aspx ) the post that sticks out is the one from yourself, Dreeko
dreeko wrote:
Obviously you know how to organise threads better than us when it comes to prioritising areas which would be of interest to the internal Muvizu testing team.

Granted that was about the beta test thread.

I'm not in favour of leaving threads open that haven't been used for 6+ months. Actually I'm not sure why you need to have one thread open, in perpetuity, for videos. You could just create a new thread and link to the old one? I feel that makes it clear for everyone that, this is now and that was then.

I'm open to suggestions, ideas or ways to manage the forum / threads / posts, perhaps this is the place to leave them? I think another tidy up of the forum will need to be done around early November.

--
Direct, don't animate!
16/09/2012 15:51:28

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Sigh!..
Ok, thanks for the reply Jamie.

Most of my annoyance came from the length of time it took me to locate it and then smack! brick wall!

I'll just do as you suggested and create new ones with links to the old.

Btw
The reason there are no more "On the News" episodes on the horizon is that none of my sets will open now....

Thanks again
D
16/09/2012 15:56:32

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Dreeko wrote:
Btw
The reason there are no more "On the News" episodes on the horizon is that none of my sets will open now....

Email me the sets and we'll see if we can figure out. My first guess would be you've saved them in a beta test version?

Is there any error message or other info given as to why they won't open?

(...and this is how topics go off-topic Big Grin )

--
Direct, don't animate!
16/09/2012 16:28:53

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I've had the same issue with trying to open older set files. Some open but most don't. Not really a big deal now as I've redesigned most of the set files I use now. It was a bit frustrating but such is life in the day of an animator.

As for some of the older forum topics being closed, I'd just start a new one.
16/09/2012 20:36:17

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Jamie wrote:
My first guess would be you've saved them in a beta test version?

Jamie - as you know I am the king of the "Sets are not compatible" whinge and your reply here does highlight a flaw with the Extreme version testing programme that Muvizu have introduced over the last 6 months or so.

I really want to help test the latest extreme versions but can only do a cursory open an old set and have a look around. This is because I'm working on a large project that will take more than a couple of weeks to complete and Muvizu won't guarantee that my sets will continue to load in future versions.

This means that for the last year I have rarely been using the latest released version as it has been released with "Show Stopper" problems for me as we can't test it for actual production.

We could do a lot more testing if you could guarantee compatibility and the released versions should improve.

I know, I know. All I seem to do is whinge - I'm sorry......
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Closed topics topic!