Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? website woes suggestion

the topic is closed
20/10/2012 19:23:40

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I dont know how easy/hard it would be to do this but its another "woe" regarding the youtube feed onto the site.

Its not huge but for a long time I was wondering why people were messaging me instead of just posting "thanks" or whatever response they had put in the private message onto the youtube comments feed instead.

Well here is why lol when I reply to people from youtube ---its only polite to reply to comments be them negative or positive as it engages users and tends to well keep them involved so as any "good youtuber" I reply to each and every message posted---- the feed on this website it looks like well I am talking to myself and its kind of wierd looking.

/whispers *I dont hear voices honest* lol

Anyhow is it too much trouble to have it so that our replies show up properly? either

a) making it so we can reply from here
b) having the replies posted on youtube appear here as well a reply

http://muvizu.com/Video/21801/Super-Hero-Adventures-Meet-Clark-Kent-Reporte

Right now I feel like I need to go clean up the channel feed and remove all my replies because it looks goofy here. If that is the only option I will do it but it would be nice to engage users properly. I am not a huge social bug but I do believe in engaging anyone who has taken the trouble to stop and watch my videos and reply to it. worship
edited by urbanlamb on 20/10/2012
20/10/2012 20:27:16

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
i agreeLogic

Great idea urbanlamb!
20/10/2012 21:19:48

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Likewise, I also agree - it looks bizarre when you say things in answer to nothing (apparently!) on the comments. Youtube's system is quite good - any chance we could nick I mean be influenced by it?
20/10/2012 22:22:12

MrDrWho13
ziggy72 wrote:
Any chance we could nick I mean be influenced by it?

How about we borrow it and forget to give it back?Gossip
21/10/2012 05:08:29

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
well i hope they can fix it so replies just get filtered properly I felt like a wacko talking to myself in my latest comments feed Whaaaaa?
edited by urbanlamb on 21/10/2012
21/10/2012 10:15:03

MrDrWho13
urbanlamb wrote:
I felt like a wakco talking to myself in my latest comments feed Whaaaaa?

Did you?
Yes he did.
Oh, ok!

creepy...
22/10/2012 10:43:27

IanSExperimental userMuvizu staff
IanS
This is a good suggestion guys and something that we're looking at and will hopefully introduce soon.
When we originally integrated comments in to the site some time ago, YouTube didn't have a concept of replies the way it does now (they used to just prefix a word "@Username" before the message) but now they're properly linked so it makes sense for us to follow suit. Watch this space!
22/10/2012 16:51:06

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Oh thank you so much you will be my hero forever!
21/01/2013 12:35:51

IanSExperimental userMuvizu staff
IanS
We've had a go at implementing this urbanlamb. To be honest, it's not quite as clever in terms of how it looks compared to how it does on YouTube.com (for various technical reasons) but we think it does the job
21/01/2013 19:06:16

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
IanS wrote:
We've had a go at implementing this urbanlamb. To be honest, it's not quite as clever in terms of how it looks compared to how it does on YouTube.com (for various technical reasons) but we think it does the job

I just checked and that works at least people can see that I am clearly not speaking to myself. Big Grin

also thank you very much it looks way better.. I wrote this in a hurry this afternoon and so yes your now my hero!
edited by urbanlamb on 21/01/2013
21/01/2013 20:19:32

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Looks good guys, and we can see we're not crazy people now
21/01/2013 21:32:27

MrDrWho13
ziggy72 wrote:
Looks good guys, and we can see we're not crazy people now

Yeah... not crazy...

Just kidding, thanks for the update guys!
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? website woes suggestion