Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Creating and Timing Characters Reactions

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
21/07/2013 06:13:01

deedee23
deedee23
How do I make my characters smile at the appropriate moments? I'm working on one character now that smiles when he shouldn't and looks bland when I want him to smile. This goes for other emotions as well. How do I make my characters respond the way I want them to when I want them to?
21/07/2013 12:32:40

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
The 'idle' state of the character also sets their initial emotion (sad, angry, etc). You can animate those idle states the same way you do for actions. However, the amount of emotion depends on where you have the Expressive slider in the characters Edit properties. You can't animate the amount, only the type of emotion. You could edit together scenes with the Expressive slider set to different levels to make it look like the character is smiling on demand, but it's tricky to match up (especially since 'Don't Breathe' doesn't work at the moment). Also, every time you create a character, their facial expression will be slightly different anyway, so I usually just keep copying and pasting the character until they have the appropriate expression on their mugs, then 'swap in' the correct expression while editing. Hope that is of some help
21/07/2013 15:44:59

deedee23
deedee23
Lots of great information! Thanks Ziggy The details are very helpful - especially since I'm just starting out. It's good to know the limitations so I don't spend days trying to get something to work in a way that it simply doesn't. I have to remember that no one program does it all. But for everything it offers, Muvizu is amazing.
18/02/2017 20:38:13

jane-doe
jane-doe
ziggy72 wrote:
The 'idle' state of the character also sets their initial emotion (sad, angry, etc). You can animate those idle states the same way you do for actions. However, the amount of emotion depends on where you have the Expressive slider in the characters Edit properties. You can't animate the amount, only the type of emotion. You could edit together scenes with the Expressive slider set to different levels to make it look like the character is smiling on demand, but it's tricky to match up (especially since 'Don't Breathe' doesn't work at the moment). Also, every time you create a character, their facial expression will be slightly different anyway, so I usually just keep copying and pasting the character until they have the appropriate expression on their mugs, then 'swap in' the correct expression while editing. Hope that is of some help

Would you please help me understand "then 'swap in' the correct expression while editing. "?
19/02/2017 00:30:57

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I think Ziggy is referring to emotions that can be changed via the PREPARE ACTIONS menu. You can assign up to 9 different mood-based actions on a pallet, then as your story is being recorded, you can change the mood or action by clicking on one of the 9 options ... effectively "swapping " the current mood or action for the one you clicked on.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Creating and Timing Characters Reactions