Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Dog Character's Teeth

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
23/10/2013 16:33:13

chucklesExperimental user
chuckles
Has anybody made a grid to show where the teeth are on the Dog Character ?
23/10/2013 23:39:30

gimmick
gimmick
the dog's UV map is here : http://www.muvizu.com/Texture/24585/Dog

A search with "UV map" will give you all the UV map
24/10/2013 07:09:48

chuckles
Thank You very much!
24/10/2013 19:01:52

chuckles
I Downloaded the UV Map. Tried for several hours to make pointy teeth, gaps between teeth etc. It didn't work.
Paul
24/10/2013 20:14:50

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
You can't do transparencies on the UV map that will effect the base model - that is, the dog's teeth are a round 3D shape which are white by default, and although you can change the colour or draw things on them, you can't leave blank bits and expect the 3D shape to now to be pointy (unfortunately). I wish we could, so the dog could have big nasty pointy teeth instead of human gnashers.
24/10/2013 21:20:10

primaveranz
primaveranz
ziggy72 wrote:
You can't do transparencies on the UV map that will effect the base model

You know how you can hide a character's hand by choosing "None" in the editor, I wonder how Muvizu handles that? Is it just a transparent texture?
24/10/2013 21:30:41

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
No, the content pack characters are designed differently, each part is separate.
24/10/2013 21:43:25

primaveranz
primaveranz
With the Play + version can you only add attachments to hands?
I'm thinking that if they made a character like the dog with its teeth as a separate part and you could replace them with your own custom pointy version it would be good.
24/10/2013 23:12:32

chuckles
With all the other "normal, original" Characters I can, and have, made teeth that are different to just plain white or coloured. I've made them realistic, with gums, I've made them pointy like dracula etc. The UV Map showing the teeth for the dog is wrong. the teeth are not in the positions shown. I am able, by pure luck, not to REMOVE teeth, but to colour portions of them black, so they can not easily be seen. At the moment, it is just trial and error. Try it yourself - Just scribble a black line in the area to the right of the inside mouth, and you will see what I mean. It must be possible to do a new UV map with the teeth in the right place. A good example is in this one I did months ago, where the main character has individual teeth with gums -

P.S. I have not got the Play + version.
edited by chuckles on 25/10/2013
25/10/2013 05:09:42

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
primaveranz wrote:
With the Play + version can you only add attachments to hands?

You can attach things to anywhere, hats, chest, eyes etc - anything on the list. You can't have hair and then attach a hair-clip for example, as that's two things - but you can attach the hair-clip as "glasses" or something you are not using and rotate it round.

Teeth are not replaceable in this way though, as they're not on the list.
25/10/2013 11:37:04

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
ukBerty wrote:
You can attach things to anywhere...

I'm amazed no one has attached naughty bits yet! (oo er missus!) boink
edited by Dreeko on 25/10/2013
25/10/2013 18:34:44

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
chuckles wrote:
With all the other "normal, original" Characters

Applause
25/10/2013 19:45:20

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
In Play+ you could have a head attachment moved down into the mouth area with pointy teeth, but the character couldn't talk or move their mouth without giving the game away. We need canines for all, Muvizu HQ! Can't have vampires, werewolves or Dara O'Briain without them, after all
25/10/2013 20:16:34

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
ziggy72 wrote:
In Play+ you could have a head attachment moved down into the mouth area with pointy teeth, but the character couldn't talk or move their mouth without giving the game away. We need canines for all, Muvizu HQ! Can't have vampires, werewolves or Dara O'Briain without them, after all

yeah that is something they should add sets of different teeth to interchange for the skeleton i dont know how good a job we can do with the attachement system
29/10/2013 15:27:01

Lev_Dynamite
Lev_Dynamite
chuckles wrote:
The UV Map showing the teeth for the dog is wrong. the teeth are not in the positions shown.
I just had a wee test of the Dog UV map, downloaded from the same link that gimmick posted earlier in this thread, and I'm finding the teeth seem to be exactly where I expect them to be? See this screenshot for an example of me just using Microsoft Paint to make no edits to the UV map except fill the teeth with various colours, and then saving it and applying it as a custom texture to the dog:

Could you explain (or, better yet, show an image example of) how your experience with the dog UV map differs from above?
30/10/2013 12:26:35

chuckles
I've succeeded ! And I've posted the Bitmap to the Textures Assets.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Dog Character's Teeth