Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Make Muvizu objects available for download

the topic is closed
01/11/2013 21:16:15

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Hello!

As the new FBX import option is upon us allowing objects with specularity and transparency, can we please have the objects within Muvizu (character accessories included!) available for download to allow us to customize and create new ones with better textures and shiny transparent surfaces? This would enable us to more effectively create objects to the proper scale and dimensions for inclusion and it would help maintain the Muvizu style for those of us who like it.

Also, the option to make objects invisible during recording could be utilized more (shot one - character reaches for hat object on table, shot 2 - character moves arm with hat object in hand, shot three - character has hat on head)

I'm not asking for Muvizu HQ to create more objects or to change the ones that are there.
The objects are already created so why not make them all available?

It can't take much time to stick them in a zip file for us surely?

So how about it? are you going to open the toy box?

Cheers
D
02/11/2013 16:31:14

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I would like a copy of each of their character models to use to fit things to, but

I dont know how well their muvizuized stuff would convert to regular versions with these maps on them due to the id texture method not being necessarily the best method of adding these maps to I would think in some instances we would need to unwrap them differently but I could be wrong I dont know how their internal objects are set up. Although I have noticed some texture detail (normal maps) on some objects even if its hidden from us. I dont know what sort of shape their models are in lol often routing through companies internal assets is sort of like assembling a jigsaw puzzle so it might be a lot of work for them to release objects

(sorry edited i left out the word character) I dont actually know if its worth the time to try to convert muvizu models and make maps for them to be honest its probably quicker and faster to create reasonable facsimile's as I dont know if they are already unwrapped in such a way as to make it a viable option.
edited by urbanlamb on 04/11/2013
04/11/2013 10:30:53

Dreeko
Bump!
04/11/2013 13:36:18

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
I would be very surprised if Muvuizu HQ would be willing to make their assets publically available as it would mean anybody could get hold of them and start using them in other software.
I guess if there was/were willing volunteers they make them available to a selected few to convert.
04/11/2013 17:31:47

Dreeko
toonarama wrote:
I would be very surprised if Muvuizu HQ would be willing to make their assets publically available as it would mean anybody could get hold of them and start using them in other software.
I guess if there was/were willing volunteers they make them available to a selected few to convert.

I don't see why they wouldn't share the existing objects. There are 8 pages worth of Muvizu HQ created objects available for download in the 3D assets section of the website already so what makes a shirt collar or a hat any different just because it is in game so to speak?
04/11/2013 17:48:29

chucklesExperimental user
chuckles
Hi Dreeko
Been using and learning Sculptris today. Managed to get some models into Muvizu, but the PNG mapped files for textures painted in Sculptris, are not mapped onto the model. Have you managed this ?
04/11/2013 19:19:18

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
chuckles wrote:
Hi Dreeko
Been using and learning Sculptris today. Managed to get some models into Muvizu, but the PNG mapped files for textures painted in Sculptris, are not mapped onto the model. Have you managed this ?

scultpris models are not uv unwrapped and actually not meant for direct import into game engines. They are meant for creating a high polygon model which you then use as a template to create the low polygon game equivalent using a technique known as "retopology" after that you need to uvmap them.

Tl;dr version you might be able to get some models into muvizu but you will need to uvmap the texture before importing it as scuptris models were not meant for use in game engines
edited by urbanlamb on 04/11/2013
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Make Muvizu objects available for download