Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Change the font?

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
04/01/2014 02:55:19

blickfang
blickfang
I click Create > Words and I do not see any where to change the font?

Thanks
04/01/2014 03:47:45

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
hello they have only one font inside muvizu if this is what you mean the 3d letters ? They are mesh letters it would be a bit hard on them to add letters for every possible font.
04/01/2014 04:11:48

blickfang
blickfang
I think this is an important feature? I mean, every program I can think of that involves using text allows you to change the font? I was thinking of using some words as a band back drop for a short movie. That default font is not going to cut it. Sorry?
edited by blickfang on 04/01/2014
04/01/2014 06:07:53

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
the 3d text is not usually mesh objects in those programs this is the difference. If this is what your speaking of the huge 3d letters?

you can use a backdrop and import a texture with words on them in any font you choose but most softwares I can think of dont actually have stocked 3d assets in 20 or 30 or more different font styles. If you want you can create your own 3d text inside blender which allows you to import any TTF you want you use the text system which is built on pathing create the text in the size you choose and then choose the option to convert the text into a mesh object . This you can import into muvizu. I dont know if sketchup has anything similar, but the difference in those softwares is that they aren't actually tangible assets.

I dont know practically speaking how muvizu could implement such a feature without incorporating software like blender or maya or something into it and creating a back end given its a game engine with tangible full 3D mesh assets that you import into it or that are stocked by them using the same methods we use to create or own.

sorry I dont even think the base udk engine has such a system they do have a vegetation system but its based on sprites, particles and primitive shapes and sets of textures.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Change the font?