Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? Copyright filchers!

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
09/07/2014 15:41:10

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
My video, "Batdork" is being slammed by no less than 4 "entities" for copyright violations. First it was WMG, then Koch Entertainment, then INgrooves and now it's RouteNote. I disputed the first 3 and won. (I fought the Koch brothers and the Koch brothers lost, hee hee). Amazing how these would be filchers want to lay claim to public domain music.

The dispute with RouteNote is still awaiting review.

Cursing
09/07/2014 16:48:41

Teesa
Teesa
Good luck!
10/07/2014 13:46:01

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
Strange happenings are afoot. Seems that the person specified as the owner of the public domain music was also hit with a copyright violation for using the same music as well. He fought it and won. I fought it and lost. Same music. Youtube is Jeckle & hyding on me. Four separate attempts by four different companies all claiming rights to a public domain song.

Then this morning, all claims were removed. There's no copyright notice, no 3rd party advertising attached to my video, it's as if it never happened.
10/07/2014 14:17:27

Teesa
Teesa
Yay!
12/07/2014 07:45:24

DoublePrimePictures
DoublePrimePictures
Luckily it went well.
09/10/2014 13:02:21

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
ha youtube copyright filchers !!!

they tried it on with my old lady video. cheesy machine (who?) claiming i stole the life call advert from one of their songs.....

never heard of them or the track commercial breakdown and told em so. if anyone owns the rights to that advert its probably the original makers of the 25 year old advert. funny enough the claim vanished over night. greedy bleeping bleeps.......
12/09/2015 16:41:25

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
The way i do it, if I use any content not made by me, I always put a credit on the open credits, and the ending credits stating that so and so is the owner of whatever content I'm using and that they own all rights, and then end it with "This is a non-profit film", I been doing that in a lot of my videos on youtube and there has been a couple of times that they said I have a copyright violation and they had dubbed out the sound,but it never lasts long and they added the sound back, and I never heard anymore of it, and my videos are still there, I guess they realize that I'm crediting the creators and the owners for their content and I'm not making any money off of it, I'm still doing the same thing today, in fact I just made two Star Wars Spoofs on Muvizu and posted them almost a week ago, so far no complaints, so maybe we all need to start adding credits for the creator and owners of the contents we all use, because if you think of it they had a hand it as well, so they do deserve the credit.

Cheers.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? Copyright filchers!