Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Collision still a smash?

the topic is closed
02/08/2015 09:42:23

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
Just building a new set and while I'm waiting to upgrade my play+ just wondered if there has been any improvement in collision? Is the Ziggy Matchbox Technology still the way to approach this or has the 'ole Zu had some advances?
02/08/2015 09:53:50

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
I believe it's the same as before, we're all still using the ziggymesh exporter to fix our problems.
I think he's working on an fbx ziggmesh exporter but there are a few more hurdles to cross with that.
02/08/2015 14:26:45

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Yes - ASE with ZiggyMesh is still the best approach.

Recently we have been discussing getting an automated way of sorting collision for FBX from within Blender. It's in my court at the moment and will have a good go at it in the next couple of months.
02/08/2015 16:03:14

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
With blender being opensource maybe you can come up with something. There are actually a lot of animation companies out there that turn to blender because it is open sourced so they can get it to do exactly what they want.

The issue of making sure all the faces/normals etc are in the right direction and its all unwrapped I dont think this can be automated but the collision I am pretty sure can be as long as your looking for the tiny box at the center of mass type

In the meanwhile because several people were having issues with collision I created this video just about simple almost no collision.

-----

TMI time

Unfortunately since muvizu is built on unreal engine this issue wont be going away I dont think and FBX is here to stay. The next big thing is 'voxels' so hold onto your hat because 3d will be changing dramatically in the next few years.

http://procworld.blogspot.ca/2010/11/from-voxels-to-polygons.html

http://3d-coat.com/
edited by urbanlamb on 02/08/2015
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? Collision still a smash?