Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Unable to update Muvizu

the topic is closed
08/09/2010 18:19:23

bobbus74
bobbus74
I'm having trouble updating the Muvizu components upon starting the program. The Muvizu Launcher begins and downloads various components for around 15 minutes. It then proceeds to show an error message saying 'Movizu could not be updated at this time.

The detailed error message that follows is seen below:

I've tried it a few times but it keeps happening. I can run the program without updating so at least I can still use it. Just wondered if there was anything I could do to get the update working though, Thanks.

(My spec if helps: Vista 32bit, Intel Quad, 3GB RAM & Geforce 9600)
09/09/2010 01:52:35

Frendor
Frendor
That may just be a bug that you're experiencing there bobbus74, a few of us have had a similar thing happen. Best thing I can suggest is to check what version you are running at the moment, the latest build is Version: MZASS-v0.12b -build: 2010.08.30.03R

You can see the build number after Muvizu starts, or if you miss that you can click on the 'About' tab.

Hope that helps.

Frendor.
09/09/2010 10:25:05

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi Bobbus74, sorry you are having trouble.

That error indicates that the Muvizu launcher cannot write to the Program Files directory - have your tried right-clicking on it and running it as an Administrator?

If that doesn't work try reinstalling it do a different directory (such as C:\Muvizu).

Please let me know how you get on.

Take care,
-Jim.
09/09/2010 10:33:10

Mach
Mach
I had the same problem with Win7. Running the update as administrator did work for me.
09/09/2010 19:31:23

bobbus74
bobbus74
Ah! Can't believe I didn't think of running it as admin, DOH! It now updates fine. Thanks for the help guys, I can go back to creating now.
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Unable to update Muvizu