Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? Videojoiner limit?

the topic is closed
13/09/2010 10:04:57

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Hello there

I was just wondering if there is a limit to the number of files that you can join together using the videojoiner?

thank you
13/09/2010 11:13:12

mcmillan-raExperimental userMuvizu staff
mcmillan-ra
Hi,

There shouldn't be. There maybe more memory overheads when joining a lot of videos. But, I don't think it should matter.

Are you getting a problem when joining a lot of clips together? If so, what is the size of the clips (resolution and length), and how many of them?
14/09/2010 12:08:16

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Thanks mcmillan-ra
No - I have not had a problem it was just I thought that having lots of smaller sets and subsequently videos would be a more efficient way for me to work on my under-spec computer.

But before I tried it I thought I might check there was no specified limit.

many thanks

Toonarama
15/09/2010 15:51:24

tripfreakExperimental user
tripfreak
Just wanted to mention that you could also use the "Append" function in the free Virtualdub software:
New release here
to join videos - as long as you don't change the video or audio codec of your video parts.

After you opened your first video file (left input video, right output video) you click on "File-Append AVI segment" (lower left) and select the following video sequences (right).
If you consecutivelly number your videos you can also simply activate the "Autodetect" function (right bottom) and the program will automatically append the next sequences.

And don't forget to set Video and Audio to "Direct stream copy":

Otherwise it will be recompressed again.
edited by tripfreak on 9/15/2010
the topic is closed

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? Videojoiner limit?