Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? Audio out of Sync

the topic is closed
14/09/2010 09:54:45

amplix
amplix
Kit is dual 3.2GHz Xeon, 3Gb memory, XP SP3, GE6600GT graphics
Made a side figure to be chromakeyed using green screen background over video clips in my Edius vieo edit suite. Added dialogue of about 5 minutes. Directed the figure with gestures with audio dialogue, it seemed to be OK. Had to convert the AVI file using Canopus Procoder as avi file was not recognised. Conversion to HD 1920 * 1080 to match target video. Chromakeyed the muvizu clip to the edited video clips but the final video is out by about 1 second with regard to audio.

Muvizu seems to be a memory hungry program as my cusor no longer moves smoothly but jumps to keep up with my mouse movements. Disconcerting and a nuisance when trying to make a button selection

James
14/09/2010 10:32:16

mcmillan-raExperimental userMuvizu staff
mcmillan-ra
Hi James,

Your spec should be fine for Muvizu, though your graphics card is a little behind our minimum, so that's where the sluggishness may come from. Though maybe not.

I'm guessing from your description of your process to convert files that you had saved the video as an uncompressed AVI? There are problems if you get the file over about 2Gb then it will have issues playing (in things like media player anyway.)

The best way to get round this is to use some sort of codec, if you use the lossless motion jpeg thing that Barry mentioned (http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/topic492-motion-jpeg-dont-overlook-it.aspx) then you should still get the quality out to allow you to do your chroma keying, and hopefully you shouldn't lose sync with the soundtrack.

One other thought that springs to mind is that of fps. Muvizu outputs at 25, if your other video is 30 (or soemthing else) and the chroma is done on a frame by frame basis then you may find the sync goes out from there.
the topic is closed

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? Audio out of Sync