Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? new here

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
26/09/2016 02:51:27

tmfathfan06
tmfathfan06
I'm confused, there's a pool table but no pool balls, cues, or rack. How would one go about making those? I tried putting a round ball onto the pool table but it won't drop onto it. It's like there's an invisible box around it. I would like the characters to be able to play the game. Or appear to play the game anyway. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
26/09/2016 04:46:51

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
You can make pool balls and cues by sizing the primitive objects in CREATE > OBJECTS > ABSTRACT

There is a sphere that can be sized and colored, and a cylinder that can be stretched out and made thin like a pool cue.

If you know how to use a 3D modelling program you can make just about anything you want. Muvizu can import models saved in FBX or ASE formats.
26/09/2016 07:04:19

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
PatMarrNC wrote:
You can turn that off if you right click on the pool table then click EDIT

In the edit menu you'll see an editable feature named PHYSICS.. click on it, and its options will appear. Make sure CAN BE STOOD ON is not checked. (That basically turns off collision so other items pass thru it without interacting like two solid objects)

Unfortunately, that also means any balls you place on the table will fall thru the top.

To compensate, you'll need to create a ground plane, size it to match the top of the pool table, then EDIT its physics properties so FLOATS is checked (So you can position it at the top of the pool table's playing surface) and CAN BE STOOD ON is checked (so the balls don't fall through it)

Pat, I'm fairly sure this only works for character-object collision, not object-object collision. To get balls to sit on the table, you either need to use key-framing or import your own pool table with Ziggymesh collision.
26/09/2016 13:05:30

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Thanks MDW13... I should probably get in the habit of testing my answers before posting them.
26/09/2016 19:02:46

tmfathfan06
tmfathfan06
Thanks for all the information. I DID manage to get the ball on the table unfortunately it rolled right off. I noticed the table is curved for some reason. I have thought about building objects but wasn't sure what format they would have to be. I have 3D Builder software with my computer that I've fooled with a little. I'll see what I can figure out.

What is ziggymesh and do I need it?
26/09/2016 19:22:30

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
tmfathfan06 wrote:
What is ziggymesh and do I need it?

Ziggymesh was a file that Ziggy created that when added to an ASE file it creates a tiny collision box at the centre of the object. This means that objects can intersect with each other and also helps the stability of your sets when moving and scaling things.

I built this into an exporter for Sketchup 8 which you can find here with instructions.... http://www.rodneyandberty.com/downloads
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? new here