Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Missing Textures

the topic is closed
09/11/2010 01:00:42

BinaryGenesis
BinaryGenesis
Okay, so I have imported model with textures. The textures show up when first imported but then save, exit and then come back to anim file later and the textures are gone. Well, not gone...They are in the edit dialog of the model but the model has the default URE checker board texture in pink and green. I open the edit and the texture is in there as the current texture but the model doesn't show it. I also cannot apply any other texture to the model.

Also, if I try to apply another texture, the original texture disappears from the texture dialog and is nowhere to be found.

I searched the forums. Am I the only one having this problem? Any fixes or work arounds?
09/11/2010 08:15:38

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
BinaryGenesis,

I have this issue as well - it's a, er, feature.

There's been mention of a resolution so I'm hoping that today's release will include a fix for this as I can't actually save many of my scenes.

Berty
09/11/2010 13:52:57

claireqMuvizu staff
claireq
Hey guys I was wondering if you could try something for me?
Could you try importing your objects without changing any of the import options.
Do you have options to change the textures if you do that. i.e. apply colors + image textures?
And if so do they still behave in same way as described in above posts?
Its just so I can pass the problem on to the developers

09/11/2010 14:00:19

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Claireq
The problems with import have been posted by a number of people (especially in relation to Sketchup) and i was under the impression that the developers were aware of the issue and hoping to get a fix into today's(!) release

Here's one of the posts

http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/topic512-ase-import.aspx
09/11/2010 14:08:56

claireqMuvizu staff
claireq
Ah yes I see. My apologises. The developers do know about this, I must be sleeping today Big Grin
09/11/2010 14:45:50

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
ClaireQ
No need to apologise - you're just being hyper-efficient!
09/11/2010 15:36:42

claireqMuvizu staff
claireq
toonarama wrote:
ClaireQ
No need to apologise - you're just being hyper-efficient!

I suppose so Big Grin
And you are also being extra vigilant! I should really check back previous posts but hey, I am being lazy hehe
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? Missing Textures