Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? possible to save imported objects in your favs?

the topic is closed
14/11/2010 21:52:16

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Hello all

I think the answer is no but I'll ask anyway.

Is there any way of saving imported objects as favourites. When you right click them the only options are reset and delete whereas with the standard objects you get reset, delete and favourites.

If not can I make a request for this to be a future enhancement

All the best

Toonarama
15/11/2010 02:50:17

RightURKen
RightURKen
You can save imported objects in a set file, open that set then copy and paste it into other sets (or build around it in it's own set). You can save several objects into one set file or gave them each their own.

At least that's how I do it. I don't know if there's another way.
edited by RightURKen on 11/15/2010
15/11/2010 08:32:20

toonarama
Thanks Righturken - I can certainly use that method for the time being. I was just thinking that if the plan was to eventually store object assets on the site it would be good to be able to store them as finished objects (ie with correct colours and/or textures) applied.
15/11/2010 09:37:57

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Hi Toonarama,

Currently it's not possible to save custom objects in the favourites system - the simple reason is that the favourites system does not work for custom content, since it's not pre-built into the appliction it's difficult to save using that system. Try creating a backdrop, import a JPG or whatever images you have kicking about, and then save it to favourites. Once that is done if you try to create that backdrop from the favourites system the custom imported image will have been lost. This is something we'd like todo but we're focusing on the big features just now so it might be a while before the favourites system is updated.

Hope this helps,
Jamie.

--
Direct, don't animate!
15/11/2010 09:43:31

toonarama
thanks very much Jamie
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? possible to save imported objects in your favs?