the topic is closed
17/06/2011 21:52:49

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Not tried it but looks decenthttp://www.lightworksbeta.com/
17/06/2011 22:43:15

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
It does look very nice. I'm going to have to give it a whirl.
17/06/2011 23:11:57

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
Error 404 - Not found.

http://www.lightworksbeta.com/ <---- This one works.
edited by bigwally on 17/06/2011
edited by bigwally on 17/06/2011
18/06/2011 00:26:35

Danimal
I gave it a shot. I couldn't understand the workflow at all. I'm sure once the learning curve is overcome this is a very powerful piece of software. It just made no sense to me so I'll stick to Vegas for now.
18/06/2011 19:22:11

Dimension_five
Dimension_five
Hi All,
Downloaded the application. Requirements are at least 2GB RAM for efficient operation. Must also remember to download Matrox codecs and install before starting the Lightworks set-up. GUI looks quite fantastic, very smart but all icons with little in the way of text. Tried out all the icons but did not get very far, so as a last resource I'm downloading the pdf files with the instructions and help files! What looks to be a very good document is called 'hints and tips'. Had a look at the forum to see if there were any major problems. Might be a problem with codecs available for output.
All good stuff. John.
18/06/2011 19:51:39

Danimal
Dimension_five wrote:
Might be a problem with codecs available for output.

And input. It doesn't seem to like the XVid codec as it wouldn't load direct Muvizu content at all, and the clips I had re-saved in Virtual Dub would open audio only. Quicktime clips seemed to import well.
19/06/2011 19:49:28

Dimension_five
Dimension_five
Hi All,
Shaunthesheep, an adminstrator from Lightworks wrote..............

Lightworks is in a transitional state. It is being prepared for open source release by "mid 2011"--so any time now. But until then, it is closed source and because of this it cannot use GPL libraries that would enable a wider variety of import/export options. At the same time, proprietary elements are being stripped from Lightworks to make it possible to open source it. That is why the import and export options are currently so limited.

When it does go open source, this situation will change because it will be able to use GPL libraries which will enable a a wider variety of import/export options.

So, now you know what the problem is at the moment and how it might be solved in the future.

Dim.
the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Free Video Editor - Lightworks