Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? YouTube Tips & Tricks

the topic is closed
12/07/2011 12:39:25

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
Ciao a tutti!

Given the recent conversation about YouTube tags, I wanted to start a post where we can list any YouTube tips and tricks.

Video quality...tips on improving view count...how to customise your channel, there's plenty of issues to chew on.

In a recent commentI mentioned that you can remove the black window boxing from YouTube by adding one of the following tags: yt:stretch=16:9 or yt:crop=16:9.

I can't remember where I got these tags from, but you can find the full list in the YouTube help section.

• Tag: yt:crop=16:9
    (zooms in on the 16:9 area, removes windowboxing)

• Tag: yt:stretch=16:9
    (fixes anamorphic content by scaling to 16:9)

• Tag: yt:stretch=4:3
    (fixes 720 x 480 content that is the wrong aspect ratio by scaling to 4:3)

• Tag: yt:quality=high
  • (defaults to a high-quality stream, depending on availability.

The (rather pink) Dctcool explains it quite well:

You can also edit the end of a YouTube URL to make the video play in an specific resolution:

&fmt=6 increases the resolution to 448x336

&fmt=18 increases the resolution to 480x360

&fmt=22 increases the resolution to 1280×720

More info here:

http://www.squidoo.com/youtubehd
    Hope that's useful for you.

Em
    12/07/2011 16:27:48

Wizaerd
    Wizaerd
    Thanx for this Emily... I used the yt:crop=16:9 on my two Muvizu videos, and it works like a champ. And I don't notice any "cropping" out of anything within the frame, it's shows exactly as I would want it to. I tried the yt:stretch=16:9 option first, but the results weren't appealing at all. Don't remember what it was, but I know the cropped option worked best for me.
    12/07/2011 17:12:28

penman
    penman
    I tried the yt:stretch=16:9 option first, but the results weren't appealing at all.

Wizaerd if you dont like help then why did you ask for it? Emily was simply trying to help us to learn more about the available options on youtube ...
    12/07/2011 17:23:08

penman
    penman
    Very helpfull for us all
    thankyou for this Post and information Emily
    12/07/2011 17:25:32

Wizaerd
    Wizaerd
    penman wrote:
    I tried the yt:stretch=16:9 option first, but the results weren't appealing at all.

Wizaerd if you dont like help then why did you ask for it? Emily was simply trying to help us to learn more about the available options on youtube ...

Where exactly did I say I didn't like the help? I was merely posting my own results using these options, and expressed an opinion that I liked the crop option the best. Stop reading insults where there are none, this is the second posting of mine you've done this on.
    the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? YouTube Tips & Tricks