Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Working for Muvizu

the topic is closed
18/08/2011 14:28:50

pyrrho
pyrrho
We're just about to post the following job advertisement on S1Jobs, so it may as well be posted here, too. This post should rate a mention in the emails of canny applicants.

The QA team at Glasgow-based Digimania needs another tester for its Muvizu 3D animation software and integrated website project.

You’ll need: experience with bug-tracking software and in website testing; the ability to write and execute test plans; familiarity with and an interest in 3D environments – UDK/UE3 experience would be a bonus; proficiency in video-, audio- and image-editing software; good hardware knowledge, especially in the graphics area.

You will also need the ability to support and strike up a rapport with users via forums and other online media.

If you’re interested in this job at Muvizu, write to jobs@muvizu.com to tell us why; that’s an old-school email, not a CV, and not a form submission via this or any other jobs site.
edited by pyrrho on 18/08/2011
13/03/2012 10:45:50

pyrrho
pyrrho
We are shortly to lose Patrick, a valued, affable, accomplished - but ultimately disloyal and treacherous - tester to some hare-brained notion he's pursuing. Something about a career plan.

To this end, we're dusting off a job advert, as below, and posting it here before advertising in the usual places. I expect that most people who see this reproduced in a few days' time as a classified advertisement will, true to form, ignore the crucial points of the last sentence, "tell us why" and "not a CV".

This self-defeating behaviour galls me; I can't stand people ignoring clear instructions and I really am fed up with CVs that say nothing about the person but which merely conform to some jargon-ridden template as prescribed by a "careers adviser" who wouldn't have a hope of employment in a real job.

This time, then, I may cheer myself up by posting excerpts; naturally, the applicants' real-life identities will not be revealed. Hmmnn ... a bit like in the CVs, I suppose.

pyrrho wrote:

The QA team at Glasgow-based Digimania needs a tester for its Muvizu 3D animation software and integrated website project.

You’ll need: experience with bug-tracking software and in website testing; the ability to write and execute test plans; familiarity with and an interest in 3D environments – UDK/UE3 experience would be a bonus; proficiency in video-, audio- and image-editing software; good hardware knowledge, especially in the graphics area.

You will also need the ability to support and strike up a rapport with users via forums and other online media.

If you’re interested in this job at Muvizu, write to jobs@muvizu.com to tell us why; that’s an old-school email, not a CV.

PS: Did you know that Patrick looks a little like this?

14/03/2012 11:32:43

pyrrho
pyrrho
Great news! The standard of literacy and the level of interestingness among job applicants are on the up.

"Michael" has just made my day with this little gem in his email:

"I also need the money from this job for Ninja lessons as my Father was killed by super secret Ninjas from Japan and I need to fly over there to avenge him. Japan ain't cheap!"

He's based near us so will receive an invitation to visit and, if nothing else, a free beer as a reward for not being up himself.

Two free beers if he can sneak in to Muvizu HQ unseen.
edited by pyrrho on 14/03/2012
14/03/2012 11:56:16

Marco_D
Marco_D
The dark side I sense in him.Darth Lightsabers
16/03/2012 11:59:36

pyrrho
pyrrho
More quality emails received from people expressing interest in our tester vacancy. One chap assures us "that I could really kick as at that whole testing business", and of his current job says, "I just sit and mindlessly copy and paste the same letter over and over again until my brain turns to kebab grease."

Another person says that they want to infiltrate the company to "download all the coding for Muvizu".

This is all very refreshing and very encouraging.
the topic is closed

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Working for Muvizu