Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? The Old and The New...

the topic is closed
24/08/2012 16:04:19

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
Up until now I've chose to use an older version of muvizu to produce The Garage Band Blues series and my musical animations. Version 0.16b to be exact. The main reason I use the older version is mainly because of the more precise control I have over things on the timeline that the newer version seems to lack.

I like being able to add a cue point to the timeline and then "snap" a movement or event square to that que point. Trying to get a movement or event square to line up with a que point in the new version is "hit and miss" at best. Not very helpful when you are trying to match a character movement or get a lite to turn on or off to a beat of the music. Being able to "fine tune" a que point on the timeline and then "snap" a movement square to it made things much more precise.

I like being able to move about on the timeline by placing the cursor where I want and then just sliding the mouse. Using the "zoom button thingy" on the new version and trying to get to the point I want has been frustrating to say the least. It always seems to go where I don't want it to.

I like being able to record a characters action and then hit the spacebar to stop the recording. I know I know, the new version has a way around this but still like the ol "hit the spacebar" method. It was simpler and faster. I know I'm probably in the minority here but the old timeline seemed to work better for me.

With all of that said, I am "biting the bullet" and using the newest version of Muvizu to produce episode #5 of The Garage Band Blues. There are numerous scenes in this episode that require VERY precise timing and movements of objects and characters so I hope I can get that same timing and precision with the new version as I could with the old. So far I am finding that doing certain things are taking me a bit longer to achieve because of the way the new timeline works but things are nevertheless progressing.

I do have to mention that I am truly grateful the devs put the "ruler marks" back on the timeline. Those little marks REALLY help things a lot!

I'm not trying to bash Muvizu or anything, just voicing my opinion. I'll get used to using the new timeline eventually but I sure do like the old one better. These "issues" won't stop me from creating animation at all. I've been bitten by the Muvizu bug and there's no known cure. Too bad there isn't a way to merge some of the "old with the new".

In the mean time I have some serious animating to do. Stay tuned for episode #5 of The Garage Band Blues, the best and most ambitious episode yet!
27/08/2012 14:09:31

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
looking forward to seeing the new episode mysto! its a great series!
all feedback is good feedback, so dont be afraid to voice your opinions!
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? The Old and The New...