Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? feedback after using muvizu for "reals"

the topic is closed
24/08/2012 21:46:13

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I noticed not much that I would change with muvizu or that gave me much of a headache other then cameras so I just really wanted to re-itterate what I read in a few threads (which I can't find right now) re camera revamps.

the controls for moving the cameras make it very hard to do scenes where you would pan slowly and smoothly and I had a couple of other "suggestions"

1) create a system for camera movement similar to the system that the characters use to walk some kind of path system for the camera to follow that you can set up and then have the camera move at a speed you set

2) camera transitioning not a huge issue if you have video editing software which I do but possibly transitioning using a fade or some sort

3) I experienced a crash everytime I tried to use depth of field or really change any of the camera perameters so i just didnt touch that as I just got a huge pile of errors and a crash dll files etc. I just updated drivers and actually installed a brand new card nvidia 560 because i wanted higher resolution graphics on a larger screen for well movie making

Anyhow some sort of system to tell the camera where to go other then driving it like you do objects would be great it works for objects easily enough but not so well for cameras because often the movements your looking for are well more subtle.

I wish the camera limit could be increased as well but from what I experienced unless its some sort of memory leak it looks like 4 is max for this software unless something can be changed so they consume less resources.

Anyhow that is my feedback after spending some real time with it muvizu's largest weakness is how its cameras function I really had nothing else i saw that I would have wanted to see changed or improved. Everthing worked really well i experienced no crashes and i really pushed your software. The only crash I got was related to the camera settings so well yeah I just never used them
11/09/2012 21:17:16

simonhefferMuvizu mogulExperimental user
simonheffer
Yes, camera movement is one of the big issues - the Muvizu guys and gals are already aware of the various requests re waypoints, smooth cameras animations etc. I have also asked for a list of frequently requested enhancements so we can see what's already in the wishlist.
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? feedback after using muvizu for "reals"