Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Not sure where to post this i will plonk it here

the topic is closed
07/09/2012 23:26:50

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
re: assets

I am wondering if its more useful to create sets for people to use then upload the individual objects. For myself I thought objects but I am thinking possibly sets are more useful?

Anyone have any info on which is more useful for users? or are they um "equally as useful". Since I insist on making my own sets objects seem more useful to me... but I tend to always be contrary to what the largest amount of users do...

anyhow thanks for input

*goes back to building things now*
10/09/2012 01:39:59

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
lol okay since no one has any input since I am finding the upload/moderate thing a bit hard to deal with if i make a mistake I can't just "take it back" and reupload at my leisure etc so I will I guess upload sets to cut down on uploads ..
10/09/2012 03:48:05

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
I would say both! I use people's sets and then did some changes to them to fit my needs kinda like a template kinda thing.

but then again sometimes you might just need that one object. Im no expert here for sure Im still trying to wrap my head around the whole importing stuff from sketchup myself.
Sooo there you go. Back to square one lol.
10/09/2012 17:19:41

simonhefferMuvizu mogulExperimental user
simonheffer
I would agree with the crazy rodent...

I've had times where a set has been useful and times when I've loaded the set and then just taken an object from it e.g. the table from cheers-look-alike set.

I wonder whether it may be useful (during Create object/Import) to have a way to choose an online set and access it's parts (a bit like the scene view) so you can Import just one object from it? This would save having to save your set, load the new one, find and copy the object, load your original set and then paste the object.

edited by simonheffer on 10/09/2012
11/09/2012 03:32:51

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
haha okay thanks probably will do sets and then backtrack and upload some models
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? Not sure where to post this i will plonk it here