Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Shadow Problem

the topic is closed
05/10/2012 22:27:56

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
Hi, does anybody recognise this particular problem with shadows ....

I want a solid semi transparent shadow of the building only not the windows however I do want the windows to cast shadows. I'm sure it is my inexperience. Hope you can help.
05/10/2012 22:43:50

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
If the windows are seperate you just uncheck the box cast shadows on the objects and then you only have the ones you want.

All objects and characters etc have a box to toggle shadowing off so you can remove unwanted ones
05/10/2012 23:23:43

WozToons
Thanks for the quick reply, I know I can switch the window shadow off but the I lose the shadow from under the windowsill. I am sure I have achieved this before but I can't remember how.

Now I'm stuck here fiddling with environment settings and nothing seems to work. Even without the window shadow the building has three different shadows. It should be one solid one.
05/10/2012 23:41:06

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
oh are you using directional lighting etc? you might have to change the tilt and/or turn shadows off on one of the lights your using
05/10/2012 23:45:00

WozToons
Problem solved...

I set the shadow strength to maximum and used lights to illuminate the shadows to the required shade. As you can see the ground shows through even though the shadows are black. And I still have my windowsills.
05/10/2012 23:47:41

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
hehe my usualy problem is i leave shadows on all my lights (i use lots ..) and have like 20 shadows and have to go around clicking them all off. Anyhow glad you solved it
05/10/2012 23:50:03

WozToons
Thanks for trying to help.
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Shadow Problem