Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? UE3shadercompileworker

the topic is closed
20/10/2012 14:57:49

perri
perri
I keep getting an error message "couldn't launch..\Binaries32\UE3ShaderCompileWorker.exe! Make sure the exe is in your binaries folder.

I have watched tutorial over and over. Am i missing something? I have tried importing the ford mustang. Thanks in advance for any help.
22/10/2012 10:19:57

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Hi perri, sounds like you've got a bad installer there. I'd uninstall and make sure all the Muvizu stuff is totally removed and then download the installer from our mirrors and re-install. If this doesn't work let us know and we'll take it further

32bit - http://www.gamershell.com/download_93670.shtml
64bit - http://www.gamershell.com/download_93672.shtml

--
Direct, don't animate!
23/10/2012 16:10:17

perri
perri
I have been able to import two items. one being the low terrain and the other the m team set. but if i try the farm set it crashes.
23/10/2012 16:27:00

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Hi perri,

I've tried the m_team.set and it crashed for me, though I'm getting a different error message. The farm set loads fine.

I can't see anything called "Low terrain" - could you post a link to it so I can try it?

Also, just to be clear, this problem is with loading sets not importing 3D objects (ASE) ?

I'll need to look into this in a bit more detail before I can understand whats happening.

--
Direct, don't animate!
23/10/2012 16:46:58

perri
perri
It started with importing 3d models from sketch up. So I decided to see if i could import anything. That is when i discovered I could not import the farm. I was trying to get some animals for a scene. That is what started this whole mess. I will continue and will triumph eventually. thanks again for all of your help.
24/10/2012 09:49:36

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
I've tried these objects and sets. The m_team one crashed for me yesterday but looking at this again it loaded without error this morning, as did the objects you listed.

I'm just not able to reproduce the error you are having, so it's pretty hard for me to find a solution for you without being able to make the problem happen. It's not one I've seen reported before either. That's not to say it isn't a real problem for you.

Have you looked in the binaries32 folder to check if the UE3CompileShader.exe file is there?

Have you tried to uninstall and wipe all Muvizu parts from your computer before doing a nice, clean, fresh install? If not I'd really recommend you try this as a first step.

--
Direct, don't animate!
24/10/2012 14:39:48

perri
perri
Well I stayed up all night. Completely started fresh with a format of the harddrive. Even went back to xp sp2. Fresh down load on everything. Updated all drivers. Took forever. Still same thing happening. I think that it is finally time to give up. I have tried every thing.
Thanks for all of your help. I really appreciate your time and effort.
perri
24/10/2012 16:03:24

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Is it the exact same error message about UE3ShaderCompileWorker.exe being missing every time?

If you need any more help we're here to do so

--
Direct, don't animate!
24/10/2012 16:21:47

perri
perri
yes. And it is in the folder. When I try to start it, just for fun, it says that it is not configured properly and a reinstall might help. It does not. Thanks and double thanks for your help.

perri
24/10/2012 16:59:22

CrazyDaveMuvizu staff
CrazyDave
perri wrote:
yes. And it is in the folder. When I try to start it, just for fun, it says that it is not configured properly and a reinstall might help. It does not. Thanks and double thanks for your help.

perri

Weird one. I've just tried launching UE3ShaderCompileWorker.exe on a Windows XP machine (from a command prompt). It terminates silently without giving this error message. Is this what you meant by " When I try to start it, just for fun, it says that it is not configured properly and a reinstall might help. " ?

Could a virus scanner be blocking it from launching? If so disable live virus scanning to check.

During installation of Muvizu did you include the three components (DirectX, C++ Runtime and .Net Framework) that it says you may need? Did these installations proceed correctly?

Struggling to think of other reasons for failure to launch this executable.

Did you try both 64 bit and 32 bit versions (only possible if you have a 64 bit computer).

Dave.
24/10/2012 17:32:29

perri
perri
No virus scanner installed. Installed all three components without problem.Do not have 64 bit computer. I tried to run the program out of the folder not from the command prompt. When I try to load a scene when the program first starts. I go to (online). Than choose animals. The farm scene is double clicked. The scene downloads. Than at 57% install it always stops and gives me the screen shot that i sent you. And then you are done. The same thing happens with objects that I am trying to import. And it also happens with sketch up. thanks again
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? UE3shadercompileworker