Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Forum Suggestion

the topic is closed
01/08/2010 11:23:47

KiltedNinja
KiltedNinja
Hi folks,

I know you guys are very busy with modifying and improving Muvizu, but I have a suggestion for the Forum. It seems like there needs to be a "General Discussion" area, where people can just talk about whatever. You have 3 'sections' to the forum (General / Feedback / Projects) - but there doesn't seem to be a generic conversation area.

Perhaps it's just the way that I'm using the forum (..I only discovered you guys last week so that might be what the problem is..), but for example; I made a cool wee movie and created a Project for it - but I can't find anywhere to post and let people know. And fair enough, people will see it if they click on Projects, but there seems to be minimal functionality for people to be able to discuss the actual movie (techniques used / thought process etc).

Another idea would be to have a link somewhere in a member's Project page that takes you to the actual movie they've made (youtube link for example). I see lots of posts of people saying "You have to see this!" (etc), but am unable to actually find the actual movie easily. You can hunt for the movie in the member's profile page via the "Projects" page (under Assets if they've uploaded it there), however just casually browsing through usually yields nothing. This could be a possible reason that there appears to be little community activity, perhaps people "cant see anything" and so wander away...

Like I said, I know this stuff probably wont rank high-up there in the priority list - but this community has the potential to expand massively, so it might be a good idea.

Cheers,
KiltedNinja.
edited by KiltedNinja on 8/1/2010
02/08/2010 11:39:54

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi Kilted Ninja,

The profile pages are getting redesigned at the moment along with most of the website, once it's finished the first thing you will see when you click on someone's name are the movies that they have uploaded to the site (if they have been moderated - which happens Mon-Fri 9:30-5:30).

Adding sections to the forum for video discussion and general chit-chat is a pretty good idea - I will pass it on.

Thanks for the ideas,
-Jim.
02/08/2010 15:38:43

KiltedNinja
KiltedNinja
No probs. I'll randomly just hit ye's with any ideas I have.. Use the good ones and ignore the rest

Edit:
Just thought about something ; Might be an idea to consider an "age-rating/certificate" system when movies are being posted. I noticed a couple of the movies have some strong language, and while I totally think this is fine (and funny :P), it could open the door to negative comments from people.. The animation process in Muvizu is kid-friendly, and the overall style is cartoony, so there's high chance that kids will be exposed to adult content.

I definitely don't think you should add viewing restrictions or anything like that, a simple notification is all that's needed - then it's purely down to user discretion.

KiltedNinja.
edited by KiltedNinja on 8/2/2010
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Forum Suggestion