Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Camera help needed - Please!

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
22/07/2013 03:25:08

deedee23
deedee23
One of the hardest things for me with Muvizu is figuring out the cameras. I keep forgetting that what I'm looking at on the screen isn't exactly what I'll see when I render the video. The scene was framed perfectly, I thought, until I rendered the video and nothing was showing on the screen.

When I look at the camera window right now, I can see that the camera is off to the side, not facing my character. The issue now is how do I find my camera? It's not showing anywhere on the screen. Hide camera is showing in the menu, so it isn't hidden. How do I make it appear on the screen so I can position it?
22/07/2013 05:45:59

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Deedee - I'v enever seen a camera disappear completely. Right mouse on the camera view in the camera window and choose "Move to" - this should find it.
22/07/2013 06:34:09

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
oh this sounds like you have more then one camera out and in the camera cuts area the camera you rendered the scene with was not the camera you actually had selected in the timeline dont touch anything open up your timeline and look at the line for cameras and see what camera is selected in the timeline if the scene is blank your using a camera not pointing at anything. click on the camera purple line in the timeline and choose a different camera.
22/07/2013 07:31:39

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
If you don't want to worry about moving around and not being able to find your set, go to where you would like your movie to be filmed from and go to create, camera. Then go to the scene window and delete the other one.

I hope this helps,
MDW13
22/07/2013 15:14:06

deedee23
deedee23
Hi everyone. Lots of great advice, as usual. I'm just reading your replies now.

I managed to fix this somehow yesterday. I don't know exactly what I did to make the camera visible. I did some of the steps you mentioned. Here's what happened:

Urbanlamb - The camera window showed there was only one camera. When I clicked on the camera window to bring up the camera, it only brought up another box with a rectangle that had the text "Camera 1". It still didn't bring up the camera.

I went through so many steps, including opening and closing the program. When the camera finally did appear spheres came from it, showing the motion I was using, I guess. The camera movement, however, wasn't being reflected in the camera window. It was just a bit off for a while. Then it worked fine.

ukBerty - The IT guys have said the same thing to me at work. I've never seen...

MrDrWho13 - Ha! I like your name. Your advice is straight to the point. It would have saved me some grief.

Should I have this happen to me again, I'll know what to do. Thanks!
22/07/2013 18:16:51

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
your needing to keep the preview window up for the cameras to know where its pointing this is pretty standard for such programs anyhow maybe the tutorials will help?

http://muvizu.com/Video/17214/Tutorial-09-Building-sets-Cameras
http://muvizu.com/Video/17240/Tutorial-16-Directing-Camera-cuts
http://muvizu.com/Video/17221/Tutorial-17-Directing-Camera-movement
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Camera help needed - Please!