Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Characters ? Talking...

the topic is closed
08/08/2010 20:12:02

lodylody
lodylody
How do you get them to mouth the words? I'm a bit new at this, and would really like to know how to make them mouth the words!
08/08/2010 20:35:16

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi again lodylody, glad to see you got Muvizu working.

You get lip syncing to work by uploading an Audio Track through Prepare>Dialogue then applying it in Direct>Dialogue, you can then set the character you have selected to "Talk" or "Shush" in the same way you direct animations.

The tutorial video found below has a more detailed demonstration:

-Jim

edited by glasgowjim on 8/8/2010
08/08/2010 20:38:42

lodylody
lodylody
Thanks - so it recognizes the words you say/noises and imitates them? How do you get them to do animations while talking (like pointing)? Also, how do you get them to walk somewhere and if you know, do you know how to get them walking angrily, happily, etc.

And thanks - the DirectX worked this time!
08/08/2010 20:44:23

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi again,

Glad to help - the Direct X problem seems to be pretty common with Windows 7 users.

Yes, the lip syncing is automatic - you just need to turn it on and off for the characters. (no point in every character mouthing every word in a conversation).

You can choose your animations in the Prepare>Animation section and apply them to characters in the Direct>Animation section - that includes walking, running, walking styles etc.

The tutorials are a good place to start; they are pretty informative and give you a few tips and tricks that you might miss yourself. You can find them at:

http://www.muvizu.com/Projects/Presentation/Present.aspx?userid=1462

Take care,
-Jim.
08/08/2010 21:25:02

lodylody
lodylody
I still can't find the walking animation! Sorry!
08/08/2010 22:24:52

lodylody
lodylody
I cannot get it to record multiple cameras at the same time/or even change the one that's recording!
09/08/2010 10:30:22

KiltedNinja
KiltedNinja
lodylody wrote:
I still can't find the walking animation! Sorry!

When you 'Direct Animation', you see the control panel with all the animations you can choose from. You'll also see a large white circle with arrows - this is on the ground directly under your character. To make the character walk, just click on the arrows and 'drag' to the character's destination.
the topic is closed

Home ? Characters ? Talking...