Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Characters ? Where are the generic characters?

the topic is closed
11/08/2010 16:37:35

citizenwolf
citizenwolf
Hi I've just completed downloading Muvizu and I am ready to begin, however, when I click the characters icon, instead of getting several generic models the box is completely blank. Is it me, have I forgotten to do something? I'm running on Win 7.
11/08/2010 16:44:21

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi citizenwolf, sorry you are having trouble with Muvizu.

Muvizu needs to connect to the internet the first time that you use it in order to build the lists of characters and objects - if your PC is not connected to the internet or Muvizu is being blocked by a firewall then it will not be able to build a list of characters.

Allowing Muvizu through your firewall:

The programmes Muvizu.exe and Launcher.exe need to be added to the list of allowed programmes. They can be found in C:\Program Files\Muvizu\Binaries or C:\Program Files (x86)\Muvizu\Binaries if you have a 64-bit operating system.

While allowing Muvizu through your firewall has fixed this issue for most people some users have been unable to get Muvizu to connect to the internet at all, meaning Muvizu cannot build the list of characters. We are investigating this issue but you should be able to manually create the required files by downloading and running this fix:

http://www.filefront.com/17189470/Muvizu Cache - Vista and 7.exe

If that doesn't work please let me know.

Take care,
-Jim.
16/08/2010 09:55:07

Gontour
Gontour
Using Windows 7 64bit,
No joy with seeing any characters!
I tried to run the link but its not an .exe ...... how do i 'run' it please.
16/08/2010 10:08:29

Gontour
Gontour
Turned off then back on again.....all good, I shoudl be in IT
the topic is closed

Home ? Characters ? Where are the generic characters?