Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? The Copyright people are out of control!

pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
28/03/2014 12:38:40

chucklesExperimental user
chuckles
I just Posted This -

The Idiot Copyright people say they own it because it is by the Bonzo Dog Band!
It is NOT by the Bonzo Dog Band! It is The ORIGINAL 1933 recording (Out of copyright) By Jack Hodges!
28/03/2014 12:55:39

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
I recall at one time Kevin MacLeod was having problems also. People was using his music for their videos and was getting copyright infringement notifications telling them it was owned by someone else. Took a long time for him to get that settled. He had to talk to youtube and those third party companies claiming to own the rights. And in the end he got nothing out of it for them scamming people. Except no more copyright infringement. I guess a victory is a victory no matter what the spoils if any.
28/03/2014 16:31:29

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
you need to dispute them this is not the actual people this is the youtube bot system its a piece of software if you can prove this is in the public domain give them the link proving its in the public domain if they reject your claim which they probably will because these companies dont actually read the submissions you then need to go to step two which would require them to actually watch your video and prove they have rights over it at which point you supply the link and info proving that the stuff is in the public domain and they will drop it. But you do need to prove it. This happens all the time and yes its a lot of work but if this system did not exist youtube would have been shut down years ago lol so we have to take the good with the bad.

So you just submit the info and the person actually owning the thing who have given permission will clear it but you also need to be aware that some companies who dont own these things take advantage of the youtube contant ID system and feed these things into it and this is copyfraud and this happens a lot as well. If its copyfraud usually they are identified and the second you put in the dispute the claim will disappear but again you need to follow the process set up by youtube.

/shrug

its life on the great interwebs and yes its annoying however I will point out some articles that prove why this particular system has been put into place ^^

http://www.tubefilter.com/2014/03/26/record-labels-music-video-covers-mashups-report/
28/03/2014 16:48:35

chuckles
Hi
I have just phoned the Company who put in the claim. They said it was the Bonzo Dog Band, it is not, nor did they write it. The Lady I spoke to is listening to it as I write!
Paul (chuckles)
28/03/2014 16:57:18

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
okay the company does not put the claim on the video. Youtube content id'd it for the company you need to follow the instructions of youtube to get this removed. They can't do anything until you dispute it using youtube's system. This happens a lot the person at the other end will deal with it but they can't until you put in a dispute because they can't release it because they dont have the dispute. Anyhow this has been explained and I have given you this onfo before and yes a lot of your stuff will get dinged and there are about 2 million different reasons.

'Knowledge is power' as they say.

take some time to learn the youtube system and research how do deal with this stuff because its going to happen I or anyone here can only give you catch all information as each id is unique

then again i will reverse this now there are in fact some companies that do abuse the system but no one here is able to say exactly what is wrong with the id because we cannot see your panel and exactly WHO is being matched and what the actual ID says. Its a piece of software and it does NOT work very well posting to these board about each and every id wont help you what will help you is to learn how the youtube system works
edited by urbanlamb on 29/03/2014
28/03/2014 17:13:49

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
Just dispute the claim. I had an early video that used The Beatles song "Back in the USSR". Youtube tagged it as a song by a group called "Beat-less". I disputed it and it was restored. Still has the Beatles song on it.
28/03/2014 17:16:15

chuckles
Years Ago, I put up a Video of Tiny Tim Singing "Great Balls Of Fire"
They actually removed it!
I own the copyright to that video! I filmed it, I got permission From Tiny Tim himself who was actually performing it for ME at MY REQUEST!
I wrote to the people claiming Copyright belongs to me. They did not reply.
There seems to be no way anybody can contact a human being at Youtube. It all goes through mindless robots. THAT is the Youtube system, and it is WRONG.
The only thing they have in their favour is money and lawyers.
Every day people put things on Youtube, that they have no rights to, and have had no input on. They have merely downloaded it From Youtube and put it back there under their own name.
Even if you acknowledge their claim, it can still not go on Muvizu.
I Have read and reread all about it on Youtube. I am almost an expert. But the fact remains that all they have to do is ignor every claim, and nobody can contact them to dispute it because they don't bother to read the claims. If anybody here has had a reply from Youtube, I apologise.
28/03/2014 17:19:25

bigwally
Check that! They removed the video.
28/03/2014 17:23:50

chuckles
Just Had another look at my Raspberry King Muvizu. They HAVE removed their claim!
So it shows that if you can speak to a human being then it can be sorted out!
28/03/2014 20:28:30

primaveranz
primaveranz
Dump YouTube and use Vimeo.com instead. Much better, and not tied into the "Big Brother" Google empire.
30/03/2014 10:34:45

chuckles
Do Muvizu Put Videos on Vimeo on the Gallery page ? I thought it was Youtube only.
01/04/2014 22:03:16

chuckles
After I lasy wrote on this subject the copyright people dropped their claim, only to put on a fresh claim regarding the true artist. I again challenged this, because the recording is 81 years ols, and out of copyright!
They have now, once more withdrawn their claim! So I WON!

Please let it go on Muvizu Gallery now!
Paul
01/04/2014 23:17:09

primaveranz
primaveranz
chuckles wrote:
Do Muvizu Put Videos on Vimeo on the Gallery page ? I thought it was Youtube only.

Sadly no, they force you to use YouTube if you upload here, so I don't
18/04/2014 13:44:09

mos6507
mos6507
This problem with Youtube ContentID is reaching a critical stage and people all over are talking about moving to Vimeo.

Sites that integrate with Youtube in some fashion should really look into supporting Vimeo.

As far as dogs on skateboards go, Youtube's not going anywhere, but for hobbyists who need to rely on preexisting music, Youtube is all but unusable now.
18/04/2014 14:28:10

bigwally
mos6507 wrote:
... but for hobbyists who need to rely on preexisting music, Youtube is all but unusable now.

Not having seen anything you've done, and straying slightly off the subject, one question persists... Why does it have to be "preexisting" music in the first place? Plenty of free music out there for anyone to use.
edited by bigwally on 18/04/2014
18/04/2014 14:54:47

LugofilmLtd
LugofilmLtd
That's true, and when I plan a project now, I try to find creative commons music that fits just to avoid any hassle, but if I needed to use a specific pre-existing piece for the sake of a joke I don't see why I can't "borrow" if I'm not profiting from it.
18/04/2014 15:00:48

mos6507
mos6507
"Why does it have to be "preexisting" music in the first place? Plenty of free music out there for anyone to use."

Because the free music has no pop-cultural resonance. If there's a free song that is in a similar style of, let's say, Beatles Yesterday, all it can do is rely on the intrinsic qualities of the song as a first-listen. If you use Yesterday itself, it evokes all of the thoughts and images surrounding the song and all of the ways it's been used throughout the decades, and you can create connections through that in through the themes of your story. It just has weight to it as a cultural artifact that free music lacks.

If you actually look at how Youtube is used, it is very much a device in which people remix and comment on pop-culture itself, usually through parody (think of all the Gangnam style parodies). But it can also be used in a more serious context. When Youtube flags stuff, it is telling people what they're doing is theft and not freedom of expression. This is a form of collage just as much as anyone who uses a compiled score in their work, like 2001 or Kill Bill. Regardless of whether permission is given or not, the creative impulse is the same and it should not be punished when nobody's making money off it.

edited by mos6507 on 18/04/2014
18/04/2014 15:11:46

bigwally
Don't get me wrong, I use copyrighted music in my Youtube vids all the time. Usually, when a video gets flagged, I acknowledge it and it's allowed. They tack on ads and such to it, but it's allowed.

Only one song they've refused to allow... Paul Simon's "Hobo's Blues". Only one. Not enough to give up on Youtube.
18/04/2014 15:15:09

bigwally
bigwally wrote:
Check that! They removed the video.

Check that! They removed it from one account, but not the other.
18/04/2014 17:03:07

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
hehe just remember its youtube doing this mostly not the copyright holders half the time they are unaware so remember to get mad at the right person Big Grin
pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? The Copyright people are out of control!