Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? The Copyright people are out of control!

pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
18/04/2014 17:06:59

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Are we blaming YouTube unnecessarily here ?

Surely it's the copyright holders that are making YouTube block things - YouTube themselves would probably not want to bother.

There are plenty of other reasons to move from YouTube though.....
18/04/2014 17:15:55

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
ukBerty wrote:
Are we blaming YouTube unnecessarily here ?

Surely it's the copyright holders that are making YouTube block things - YouTube themselves would probably not want to bother.

There are plenty of other reasons to move from YouTube though.....

there are cases where companies are allowing it but youtube is doing it "on behalf" of holders there was an article on it awhile back and a few companies came at youtube with guns a blazing because they in fact like the free marketting their products get as a result of the fan made stuff. In the case of actualy songs this might not be the case you have to look at who is claiming it. However in this new age of the interwebs in fact most companies including the large music conglomerates want this stuff to stay up on youtube so they can get some pennies off its use.

There was a slew of takedowns youtube just did about 3 months back that enraged the actual copyright holders as they didnt want their stuff taken down lol. This prompted a bunch of articles on the subject if you do some google searches. There are a lot of legitimate ones though. If you use copyright music though your not safe no matter what you think even if you acknowledge it etc you might turn around one day to find your youtube account gone. A good portion of the time though its youtube doing a kneejerk reaction and coding new bot stuff. Youtube gets sued up the ying yang lol they are like always in court though so I can understand their um approach. The moral of the story is though just dont use copyright music (even then your not safe lol but you minimize the risk)
20/04/2014 22:22:55

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
here adding this now i can't find the really juicy articles I read at the time this started to happen but this has happened with music as well

There are a lot of valid content ID matches and copyright claims but there are a lot of invalid ones as well. Youtube takes it upon itself at times to act (even though the copyright holder has issues written permission) to systematically remove things in giant swathes across their platform. Although I am against people using copyrighted anything without asking permission first its common knowledge that the bulk of companies out there in fact encourage use of their material for marketting purposes.

Anyhow I could only find the gaming fiasco that hit in the new year but there was about one month later a similar one relating to fan made videos revolving around popular songs.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/12/12/another-reason-why-youtubes-video-game-copyright-crackdown-doesnt-make-sense/
12/09/2015 16:45:11

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
The way i do it, if I use any content not made by me, I always put a credit on the open credits, and the ending credits stating that so and so is the owner of whatever content I'm using and that they own all rights, and then end it with "This is a non-profit film", I been doing that in a lot of my videos on youtube and there has been a couple of times that they said I have a copyright violation and they had dubbed out the sound,but it never lasts long and they added the sound back, and I never heard anymore of it, and my videos are still there, I guess they realize that I'm crediting the creators and the owners for their content and I'm not making any money off of it, I'm still doing the same thing today, in fact I just made two Star Wars Spoofs on Muvizu and posted them almost a week ago, so far no complaints, so maybe we all need to start adding credits for the creator and owners of the contents we all use, because if you think of it they had a hand it as well, so they do deserve the credit.

Cheers.
pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? The Copyright people are out of control!