Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Character Movement

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
17/06/2014 15:25:44

JudyJohnson
JudyJohnson
I'm trying to move two characters along a park path...It's so touchy though that it is very difficult to do. Also, my character, even when I am still draggin the mouse, just randomly stops walking a lot and picks up, but there's no break in the movement shown on the timeline. How can I make the movement overall more smooth and realistic and get rid of the random stopping??
Thanks!
17/06/2014 16:46:42

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
To move your character in a straight line, double click where you want him to go instead of dragging the movement circle.
17/06/2014 16:49:40

JudyJohnson
JudyJohnson
MrDrWho13 wrote:
To move your character in a straight line, double click where you want him to go instead of dragging the movement circle.

There are times when I do that, MrDrWho;however, this particular path is curved. I've found, though, that taking the character off of the cobblestone path and recording the movement on a ground/plane that is blank is much easier? I don't know why that may be, but it's not as jumpy. But there are still times when it just stops - that part I haven't figured out.
edited by JudyJohnson on 17/06/2014
17/06/2014 17:18:53

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
There is a possibility that this is the odd movement glitch where character movement becomes more and more restricted with every re-playing of the scene, eventually turning into no movement at all. - does this sound right?
Alternatively it may be an issue when recording that the character moves with a few stops (which may be fixed by moving the mouse faster/slower?)

Do either of these sound like your problem?
17/06/2014 17:23:24

JudyJohnson
JudyJohnson
I'm sorry, neither of those seem as if they are the problem. It's more just as I'm directing the character movement they just sometimes stop walking, even though I am moving my mouse and the pink dots are appearing.
17/06/2014 19:42:42

muvizu_chapMuvizu staff
muvizu_chap
If your mouse stops at any point whilst directing this will most probably translate to interruptions in your character's walk. Practice keeping your mouse a good distance in front of the character and making sure your mouse movement is as smooth as possible. Good luck!
17/06/2014 20:00:09

JudyJohnson
JudyJohnson
OK... I will practice. Hopefully that's all it is, as I am pretty new to the program. Thanks, muvizu_chap!
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Character Movement