Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? when i convert to ase

the topic is closed
02/07/2014 03:17:08

video567
video567
so i know most people use blender or other program. i use cinema 4d. but i was wondering if anyone has encountered this type of errors when converting a file to .ASE format
this is one of them i dont always get it

but i normally get this one...

the thing is i made a folder called texures where my ASE file is at even called it DummyinitialShadingGroup0.bmp, but if you notice there is /C: it wont let me create a folder called CBig GrinummyinitialShadingGroup0.bmp i just dont know what to do. blender is to hard for me to use and learn
hope someone has an idea of what is going on
02/07/2014 14:45:02

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
all your models require at least material associated to it.
if you have textures put them all in the same folder as the model and make sure to associate your materials with the texture.

These are generic errors and its probably something your software is doing that your not understanding or realizing. FBX is not really that hard its simply that its using a particular version of autodesk fbx from a particular year and if you dont have the proper exporter it doesnt do the job properly. If your having luck with fbx which is more standardized I would stick with that.

Also when making objects make sure all the mesh is one continuous mesh and not still in parts as often when we model we do it in parts and then join it later especially if its something that will be animated. You can try sketchup and look for the exporter but you will have to download an outdated version of it
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? when i convert to ase