Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Ooooooh! not quite there with the Dolly Zoom

the topic is closed
31/08/2010 18:39:26

Hermit
Hermit
Nearly! Very, very nearly! But the new animated camera setting just can't quite do the dolly zoom yet. It needs a field of view slider on it like on the camera itself
31/08/2010 19:07:54

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I've been playing around with the new camera movements as well and I can see a lot of potential here. As you said, the dolly zoom is not quite right yet but it is still a major improvement. I can see many uses for this new feature. Great job!
31/08/2010 20:48:14

Than
Than
I like the new camera animation, just finished scene 1 (after the intro) of my project using it. To use it properly it will take a bit of getting used to the keyboard controls of course, but once you've really mastered that it would be quick I should think.

What I'm going to ask to be added is a way of putting markers down and say camera move through those markers at speed x. Could realy do with that and the walking/running too would benefit.
31/08/2010 20:57:14

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
Than wrote:
I like the new camera animation, just finished scene 1 (after the intro) of my project using it. To use it properly it will take a bit of getting used to the keyboard controls of course, but once you've really mastered that it would be quick I should think.

What I'm going to ask to be added is a way of putting markers down and say camera move through those markers at speed x. Could realy do with that and the walking/running too would benefit.

Excellent idea!
01/09/2010 11:38:36

KerryK
KerryK
(Account inactive)
we're getting there - this is just release 1 for animated cameras and there's a whole plan afoot to allow more flexibility and smoothness. so it's always worth keeping muvizu updated when we do releases.
01/09/2010 12:20:04

CrazyDaveMuvizu staff
CrazyDave
Hermit wrote:
Nearly! Very, very nearly! But the new animated camera setting just can't quite do the dolly zoom yet. It needs a field of view slider on it like on the camera itself

Animatable properties are going to be added to the application very soon so you'll be able to animate the field of view property of a camera to achieve this affect. I can't promise that this will be in the next release but it's right at the top of our list so with luck it will be there.

Than wrote:

Because of time constraints we had to decide whether to do objective based or driven camera movements for this release. We went for the driving model because it's easier to use for simple cases. There's definitely going to be a layer of functionality added such that more complex movements can be pre-defined: possibly by placing "magnetic" rails in the set which constrain the movement to specific curves whenever the camera comes close to them. We've not quite settled on a final design for this yet though and waypoints my also be an option.
01/09/2010 12:48:31

Than
Than
Well what can I say, Fab
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Ooooooh! not quite there with the Dolly Zoom