Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? uploading headache..

the topic is closed
02/09/2010 08:46:47

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
I've finished my movie, its about 856 mb, on PAL avi, It was uploading to youtube, waited forever
then this morning It said error uploading.
Is my video file to large? Do I need to use the youtube standard setting when making my movie?
what resolution should I use when making my movie? What codec?
I just need to know where i,m going wrong for this competition upload
edited by artpen on 9/2/2010
02/09/2010 09:50:48

barrys
barrys
Hi Artpen

There could be a few reasons why it failed to upload. The file size is OK by youTube's standards but it's a hefty file to pass through your internet connection. Maybe that timed out or something? Another reason could be its length - it has to be under 15 minutes long.

It sounds to me that you've made uncompressed video. That would explain its size. What you need to do is pick a codec from Muvizu's video preferences page. Muvizu will scan your PC and populate its list with all the codecs it finds on your PC. There are a few exceptions, Quicktime being the obvious omission.

So the first step is to ensure you have some decent codecs on your PC. XVID or DIVX are two popular ones. They made great quality movies with tiny file sizes. They're not suitable choices if you want to pass your Muvizu video through Adobe Premiere but for uploading to the web they are ideal.

Secondly, resolution. This has an impact on file size, but not as much as proper codec choice, so go ahead and try a full HD output with XVID codec. Your file size will be tens-of-megabytes rather than hundreds.

With these two approaches you'll have a youTube compliant video that will upload in a few minutes.

Barry
02/09/2010 10:16:16

artpen
Thanks for the info Barrys, yeah I must have created an uncompressed video fileWhaaaaa?
I've checked the codecs, and seem to not have the XVID Or DIVX codec?,
Is there a way to get these?
Cheers mate, artpen
02/09/2010 10:24:49

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
here you go

http://www.xvid.org/Downloads.15.0.html

http://www.divx.com/en/win
02/09/2010 10:34:34

artpen
Thanks, I can sleep now, aaaaaaaaarrr
the topic is closed

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? uploading headache..