Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? multiple characters; not working well

the topic is closed
01/08/2015 02:24:37

blickfang
blickfang
Hi gang

Doing a stage scene with a band in concert. 4 cameras. Working on the character movements for a character. Have what I want pretty much down. Now I direct my attention to the character movements of the different character. He's not moving so nicely. As a matter of fact, he's just kind of side stepping around...barely. I have come to the conclusion that Muvizu can't handle 2 characters doing semi-complex things simultaneously. Please tell me I'm wrong
01/08/2015 03:13:07

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
blickfang wrote:
Please tell me I'm wrong

you are wrong....

is your computer struggling to run muvizu? try working with the lights off (in muvizu not your house lol )
it might be a memory thing? im no expert at what specs you need to run this software but its quite a memory hog. the more complex your animation the slower it will become unless your computer has the power to do what is needed. turning off the lighting will make a huge difference while you are working on a scene.
2 characters together shouldnt make much of an impact on the way it runs though.
01/08/2015 03:39:28

blickfang
blickfang
fazz68 wrote:
blickfang wrote:
Please tell me I'm wrong

you are wrong....

try working with the lights off (in muvizu not your house lol )

LOL!!!!!

I'll give it a whirl
01/08/2015 03:46:44

blickfang
blickfang
Any process in turning them off as to deleting them? They're kind of strategically placed.
01/08/2015 04:18:46

blickfang
blickfang
fazz68

That was it. Thanks!!!! I am going to try to add them back in. On another note: Is there away to get the effect to turn on later in the video like the pyro effect? Man that would be so awesome. This video is coming along nicely. This is the band:

https://www.reverbnation.com/blickfang4
edited by blickfang on 01/08/2015
01/08/2015 06:05:31

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
you dont have to delete anything. click on view at the top of muvizu and click unlit mode or press the F12 key on your keyboard. that will turn off all the lights, remove shadows etc. you only want them off while you work if your puter is struggling. then turn them back on when your done. or whenever.

any effects you use in muvizu are animatable (dunno if thats a real word) click on prepare object properties and you will find the animatable bits, intensity (what you want), texture, colour etc.....
edited by fazz68 on 01/08/2015
02/08/2015 16:37:13

blickfang
blickfang
fazz68

I owe you one. Thank you very much indeedee for your help. According to my calculations, you are making my Muvizu experience 100% more enjoyable!
02/08/2015 16:49:06

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
no worries mate
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? multiple characters; not working well