Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Object Failed to Load From File

the topic is closed
08/09/2015 01:32:06

tjd1000
tjd1000
Hello, I have a set file that will not open due to "Object Failed to Load from File error message. I would really like this set file to become usable. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
08/09/2015 06:15:51

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
This happens to me occasionally as well and, er, well.. did the set take long to build ? I have never been able to recover from this.

I suspect you have imported objects - probably FBX ?

The engine which parses the object when importing seems to be subtly different from the one which loads that object from a saved set. This means that it's possible to import an object into a set which will cause it to error when opening.

A sure way I have found to recreate this is to create an FBX model with a tiny collision mesh - it will import, but the set will never open.

I always "sandbox" my objects when importing. This means I have a second copy of Muvizu running with a blank set. I use this second copy to import any newly created objects just to make sure Muvizu likes them and doesn't crash (It doesn't do this often, but if a set takes 8 minutes to load you only have to crash it a few times to realise you need a better procedure!). I now also save and open the set with a single object in it to make sure that object will not cause the error you are seeing.

I appreciate this is not what you wanted to hear.
08/09/2015 18:44:50

tjd1000
tjd1000
Thanks for the details, I was able to reproduce the error using the information you provided, I did import different things for the set. From now on, I will be utilizing two set files like you do, for any imports.

Thanks again!
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Object Failed to Load From File