Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Characters ? Animation Problems and a Question about Shadows

the topic is closed
08/12/2010 20:26:41

inlimbo
inlimbo
Hi Muvizu,
This post has stuff I started talking about in the tutorial video request thread. I just got carried away over there and thought I should formally ask questions here.

Sometimes when I set a character's initial state to stand, and then have them sit they will stand up a few moments later, or they won't for several moments, but they will right at an inconvenient time. How might I avoid this?

Other times I will animate one of the poses, and if they walk soon after they awkwardly carry that pose in the walk. I know you split the upper and lower body on purpose, but there has to be a way to reset the upper body to cleanse the palate so that the walk isn't a stiff held position?

I also noticed that some shadows seem to go through objects and walls. One example you can see is if you stack the building sections on top of each other and put a spot light above and behind it. The top unit will cast shadows to the units below it. The way it likely should be is it should cast shadows on the ground as a whole unit. It’s hard to explain, but check it out. Thanks for taking a look.

__
edited by inlimbo on 08/12/2010
the topic is closed

Home ? Characters ? Animation Problems and a Question about Shadows