Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Output Sync timing

the topic is closed
02/02/2011 15:27:15

jonbezMuvizu mogulExperimental user
jonbez
Hi I've come to pick your brain.

This isnt really a big problem that would effect anyone using Muvizu alone, its more of a problem I've noticed while working in post production.

If I output a video, then make some small changes and reoutput again Their is sometimes a 1 frame cam cut differance and other time a camera can have a few pixels differance in its position. also animations can sometime be slighty out of sync. Now I know the blinking and FX are random. but this other stuff I thought you might want to be aware of.

I have used double output takes a lot in postproduction to create things like transparent ghost effect on a character and other type of effects.

Example: I would output the same scene twice. One with the ghost and another without the ghost. Then in post I would layer both videos with the one on top having a %50 opacity. But sometimes the cam position would be slightly out by a few pixels, other times characters animation would be slightly out of sync. If I move the top clip one frame forward it would be 1 frame ahead of the one below and if I move it back one frame it would be one frame behind the one below. So it is the correct frame its on but the keys have a slightly different tween look causing a Trail effect.

See example pic

Heres a pic showing a identical output with an untouched cam. But its position has changed by a few pixels. Looks like double vision or watching a 3d film with no glasses HAHA. this can be fixed easy in post by repositioning slightly.

This pic shows the camcut timing 1 frame out when to identical outputs are blended in post.

If you need too replicate these issues heres how.
I would output my scene as normal. But If I reload the scene at anytime to make the nessacery changes to achive my effects then output again. I would sometimes, not altimes get one of the above problems.
It also happens when not reload the scene again but its not as regular as when A scene has be reloaded.
I would always try to do everything in one shot too try and avoid having to reload scenes. Ofcource reloading is sometime unavoidable as we all forget sometimes and have to reload to make alterations.
Thats when I experience the above the most.

One last thing that maybe relevant.

Sometimes on a scene where I made a character run or walk. Its recorded and played back fine. But on occasions a scene has a sliding problem on the run/walk when reloaded.
I found a workaround that sometime corrects the sliding and make it work again.
I have a button on my pc that changes how hard the processor and graphics card run. If I put it in another speed setting it has sometimes rectified the sliding and its amimated again how it did when recorded.

Is the data when recorded being snap to a nearest timeline frame ?. Because I've had problems with this engine also in the past with function calls being skipped in ticks for no reason.

Hope this has been informative.

BEZ..
edited by jonbez on 02/02/2011
02/02/2011 16:26:40

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi John,

I have put this into the system and spoken to the devs about it - hopefully they can get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for letting us know.

Take care,
-Jim.
04/02/2011 13:32:19

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
interesting stuff!

ive not got a scooby whats happening here but im sure the brainbox's over the coder side will have an idea or 2
04/02/2011 14:30:14

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
Hi Jon,

Thanks for the detailed information. It just happens that I'm having the exact same issue when import my files into Premiere. The view has slipped down by about 2 pixels or so - it's subtle, but you can see the scene 'jump' slightly between cuts.

No idea what's causing this, but it would be good if we could track this bug down.

Cheers again,

Emily.
04/02/2011 16:16:13

CrazyDaveMuvizu staff
CrazyDave
Great info Jon. I think we have a fix for this but can't say when it will be released as yet.
edited by CrazyDave on 04/02/2011
08/02/2011 01:45:41

jonbezMuvizu mogulExperimental user
jonbez
Glad to have been of help. Looking forward to seeing the next release on after the port.
Keep up the great work.
08/02/2011 07:59:56

PinguinoStudios
PinguinoStudios
I'm somewhat new to Muvizu and the forum and I've encountered this issue as well when bringing movies in to Premiere. I also managed to work around it to an extent by tinkering with the settings for my graphics card and sometimes just re-rerendering a scene, but it's nice to know that the issue has been reported and is being worked on.
edited by PinguinoStudios on 08/02/2011
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Output Sync timing