Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Teleportation, or somesuch

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
28/06/2012 20:05:46

hugmyster
hugmyster
Can you make a character appear or disappear from a set?

Alternatively can a character be brought on to the set from off-side as an appearing act then made to vanish in the same way?
25/07/2012 02:44:12

Phil7newbie
Phil7newbie
Hi, I'm still new with Muvizu so I decided to see what I could figure out about it. I make the character walk or run of camera screen and then give it another walk or action while off screen, then I go into the timeline and remove the preceding movement and adjust the remaining movement or action in its place. The little bar in the timeline will turn red, I guess indicating that the flow of action is interupted, but it seems to work. The appearing works the same way except the action is off screen to on screen, the other direction. Hope this works for you.
25/07/2012 09:03:51

hugmyster
hugmyster
Hi Phil7newbie,

You've got me absolutely intrigued! Please could you do a tiny demo video and send it - I'd be 120% grateful!
25/07/2012 10:00:23

IanSExperimental userMuvizu staff
IanS
Phil7Newbie,

If you get round to doing a demo for this, you could upload it to the site - select 'Upload a video' and then set the type to 'How to video' and it will show up in our How to section of the site!

cheers
27/07/2012 02:51:13

Phil7newbie
Phil7newbie
Hi, I'm back again and have seen the replies. I'll see what I can do.
27/07/2012 10:50:45

Lev_Dynamite
Lev_Dynamite
hugmyster wrote:
Can you make a character appear or disappear from a set?

Alternatively can a character be brought on to the set from off-side as an appearing act then made to vanish in the same way?
As previously noted by Phil7Newbie earlier in the thread, you could use teleports by creating multiple instances of character movement and then deleting the movement blocks in-between the first and the last blocks to make the character jump from one point in the scene to another!

A quick example of this:

If I direct the character in the above scene to walk from where he is to point A, and then from point A to point B, and finally from point B to point C, then this will create three "movement" blocks on the timeline for movement between each point. You can see this by going to Tools > Timeline and looking at the blocks in the "Movement" section:

The first movement block represents the character's walk from the starting point to point A, the second movement block represents the character's walk from point A to point B, and the third movement block represents the character's walk from point B to point C.
Right-click on the middle movement block (the second of the three) and then hit "Delete" in the dialogue box which will open. This will remove the second movement block, thus eliminating the character's walk from point A to point B. The third movement block should turn from blue to red to indicate that there is no longer a smooth movement to that point, and that the character will "teleport" when timeline playback reaches the third block:

Now, when I play back my video, my character will walk from his initial starting point to point A, and then will automatically teleport to the end of point B and start walking to point C because the "point A to point B" block has been removed!:

Note that in the above screenshot I also moved the red movement block forward a bit in the timeline, to make the teleportation happen earlier.

Hopefully this makes some sense! Teleportation like this isn't an exact science, but it should help you with being able to bring a character immediately out of the camera view into the camera view!
edited by Lev_Dynamite on 27/07/2012
27/07/2012 12:26:51

hugmyster
hugmyster
Absolutely brilliant - and a great explanation! Drink

Very many thanks Gentlemen! I shall have to give this a try...
worship
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Teleportation, or somesuch